Got on em today

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Got into some Whites, Stripers and Hybrids today 430-730.... caught 15~ up to 8 lbs. Chug bug was good but they really were crushing the Sebile Magic Swimmer. Stripers really luv this lure.
DSCF4180.jpgDSCF4186.jpgDSCF4187.jpg

yardbat

Button Buck
That's good fishing Mack. Been there many times with great success but the hybrids are thinning out from just a few years back. Never tried any topwater or stick baits but will now. Really miss those hybrids...nice post!

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
That's good fishing Mack. Been there many times with great success but the hybrids are thinning out from just a few years back. Never tried any topwater or stick baits but will now. Really miss those hybrids...nice post!

yes...I miss the late 80's and early to mid 90's for hybrid fishing. well i miss that time period for alot of other things as well.:eek:...
used to wear them out at Jordan Dam, Buckhorn dam and 1 other dam back then. here is a couple from that time period. You dont see but a few hybrids bigger than the big one i caught. miss that pink shirt too.:)
jdhb.jpg007_7.jpg

Last edited:

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Thanks, i thought it was good for 3hr fishing...

CRC, these fish come from waaaaaaaaay upstream. not many make it down there but hybrids have a strong tendency to go downstream through or over dams.

Thanks

Again nice fish

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

Eggman

Twelve Pointer
yes...I miss the late 80's and early to mid 90's for hybrid fishing. well i miss that time period for alot of other things as well.:eek:...
used to wear them out at Jordan Dam, Buckhorn dam and 1 other dam back then. here is a couple from that time period. You dont see but a few hybrids bigger than the big one i caught. miss that pink shirt too.:)
View attachment 52506View attachment 52507

I agree 100%. Those are great times spend behind those damns. Wade fishing at Buckhorn was always exciting. You never know what you would catch.

yardbat

Button Buck
View attachment 52506View attachment 52507

Heard that! Most don't understand the fight in them hybrids...wish they still stocked them in Jordan. I sure appreciate seeing hybrids like that. I would rather catch a 5lb hybrid vs 10lb striper any day. 2011-2012 was when I noticed a substantial decrease in there numbers. Still catching a few in the 6-7lb range but none like the 11-12 pounders of the heyday...I hope the commission's plan works for the stripers because they sure did mess up a world class hybrid fishery. Great pics Mack.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Heard that! Most don't understand the fight in them hybrids...wish they still stocked them in Jordan. I sure appreciate seeing hybrids like that. I would rather catch a 5lb hybrid vs 10lb striper any day. 2011-2012 was when I noticed a substantial decrease in there numbers. Still catching a few in the 6-7lb range but none like the 11-12 pounders of the heyday...I hope the commission's plan works for the stripers because they sure did mess up a world class hybrid fishery. Great pics Mack.

The one on the above right weighed 13 lbs 11 ounces..... i miss them too. but, the stripers down east are better off w/o them.

careyhamil

Eight Pointer
I'm planning on chasing some stripped bass down around the Jacksonville area during September. I've only caught landlocked fish when I was in Ga. what is your suggestion for February stripped bass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23mako

Ten Pointer
Go somewhere else besides Jacksonville. There is not a good striper fishery in the New River. Try the Neuse, Trent, or Cape Fear.

careyhamil

Eight Pointer
That's what I was going to to do. Trent isn't a very far drive, and we are up in Kinston quiet often. How do you go about catching these river fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Type in Neuse River striper fishing In your browser and it will take you to multiple videos of the Neuse, several around New Bern. Notice the bridges..... hint hint.

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Type in Neuse River striper fishing In your browser and it will take you to multiple videos of the Neuse, several around New Bern. Notice the bridges..... hint hint.

Good advice and I'll add that from my experience you want to be in "certain" areas around new bern the last 30 mins of daylight.