Finally got some rain!

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
We've only had four small showers since the first of July totaling 1 & 3/4", until the wee hours of this morning that is. A small system formed over a 3 county area around 2:30 or so and it just hung around in this area until about 9:00 dumping 2 & 3/4" of much needed rain. Now I have to go out and dust some fire ant poison on all the mounds once they start rebuilding. Maybe I'll even get some late season tomatoes in the bargain!

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Congrads on the rain, hopefully we will be getting some more here as well, we certainly need it badly. The back patio was wet this AM, but it was too dark to tell if we had enough to register in the rain gauge when I was feeding the critters before work.
Update: 1/2 inch this afternoon...wooo hooo!

Last edited:

Southside

Ten Pointer
We've only had four small showers since the first of July totaling 1 & 3/4", until the wee hours of this morning that is. A small system formed over a 3 county area around 2:30 or so and it just hung around in this area until about 9:00 dumping 2 & 3/4" of much needed rain. Now I have to go out and dust some fire ant poison on all the mounds once they start rebuilding. Maybe I'll even get some late season tomatoes in the bargain!
I'm only a few miles away from you and didn't get a drop.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Got decent shower with some thunder around 0100 last night just didn't last long enough first measurable rain since before Labor day

curdog

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Still nothing. No rain over the last 30 days, and the rainfall amounts for today keep dropping.

DFisher

Eight Pointer
We finally got a little bit; first rain since the first of August for us. As soon as the sun shines, I will be able to watch my crops grow!

MtnMan

Ten Pointer
We got about an inch and a half last night. First decent rain we have had since the last of May.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I could only mow parts of mine yesterday without leaving mud lines.....and it's raining now. I wish you could have some of this.....

country

Ten Pointer
Got home and we had 3". Neighbor said it came in 30 minutes. My wheat and clover was looking good. Not sure how much washing occurred.

Gus

Six Pointer
Take some of ours please. NE coast,
22" in 3 weeks. Julia dumped 8" on first pass and 10" on 2nd pass. 2 heavy t-storms in between.

country

Ten Pointer
Just got home and another 2" in the gauge. 5" in 2 days. Ready to dry out - black powder starts Saturday

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Dry as a bone under blue skies here. Thunder to the north and southeast of me.
Looks like it will miss us yet again.

curdog

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Yep, still stirred dust pulling in the driveway this afternoon. Got maybe 0.1 - 0.15 inches.

LIVIT

Four Pointer
I try to sneak into the Public land I hunt here through a Creek bottom, it has had some water but was getting noisy with loose gravel. After Mondays rain, Tuesdays morning sneak in the water was up a good 6 inches plus. A lot easier to sneak in now :). Got more rain last night. I did not realize some of yall had been that dry. Hope you get some good rain for your crops/food plots....

EGrdneck

I'm over here in the northern end of robeson county singing "HOW HIGHS THE MAMMA!" The swamp next to my house is looking pretty dang high....

EGrdneck

Well with 6" rain overnight not too good lol was decent since the waters been down and they ain't got too many places to go. I'm actually near ten mile swamp (feeds into the northern end of the big swamp)

TrickyTross

Six Pointer
I try to sneak into the Public land I hunt here through a Creek bottom, it has had some water but was getting noisy with loose gravel. After Mondays rain, Tuesdays morning sneak in the water was up a good 6 inches plus. A lot easier to sneak in now :). Got more rain last night. I did not realize some of yall had been that dry. Hope you get some good rain for your crops/food plots....

I was in a tree out there on Monday when it came through. Took my shirt off and put the harness back on. Soaked to the bone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LIVIT

Four Pointer
I was out there too, but not in a tree, I was in my comfy blind almost falling asleep in my nice blind chair listening to the rain :)... We will have to get together one day sometime when we are out there. I will be there, sat 10/01/ 10/03 10/04 10/08 10/10 10/11 10/14 10/15 Maybe we can meet around lunchtime one of those days and compare some notes, since you also know some of the Officers I work with too.... DJ

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Well with 6" rain overnight not too good lol was decent since the waters been down and they ain't got too many places to go. I'm actually near ten mile swamp (feeds into the northern end of the big swamp)

Tried to send you a PM but your box is full. RT