Antlers, more flat than round?

dcmayo311

Four Pointer
My buddy had this guy show up on his small farm in Greene county. His interest is peaked but I would like to know what causes antlers to be more flat than round. I'm not sure if this qualifies as "mass" but I'm sure most will say, give him one more year and he'll be huge.

MFDC0620_zpsv7h6xvyx.jpg

MFDC0622_zpssmqitx3f.jpg

GotNoRules

Ten Pointer
Palmation is kinda cool. Looks like something out west. Let him grow (if you want) and it could be really neat in the future.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
He is big enough. If you like him kill him, There is no guarantee he will get much bigger and be alive 2 year from now.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I've always thought Palmation didn't show up until at least year 2.5 or later?

Either way, he's a potential BRUTE!!!

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
your buddy's small farm deer will die this year once he gets off that small farm. if your buddy dont bust him. :)

he will look even better to any hunter that sees him because of his unique rack.

dcmayo311

Four Pointer
your buddy's small farm deer will die this year once he gets off that small farm. if your buddy dont bust him. :)

he will look even better to any hunter that sees him because of his unique rack.

Yeah I agree. The farm is about 90 acres with only 30 of it being cleared farm land and the rest planted pines with a few patches of hardwoods. No water near by but the buck has been showing up multiple days. He'll probably pull the trigger if given the oportunity due to the mass amounts of dog hunters all around him.

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
Palmation or mass....scores the same....he'd be in my do not shoot list....but if he likes him...blow his shoulder off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk