Bull reds are here!

rustvyper

Ten Pointer
New river inlet.
Caught 40-50 reds in 5 hours. This was the biggest & it had tangled with a shark with a 12 inch bite radius.
Also caught, one black drum, sea trout, flounder & a ton of blues.
f933f00f1ad26aba26409556a333ee5a.jpg

AMO317

Button Buck
Awesome! I'm planning on making a trip down there soon and fishing off a sea kayak. Any recommendations?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Nice fish, just started back saltwater fishing last year and have been on 5 or so Drum trips. every friend except me has caught a big one...my biggest maybe 5 ...lol

anyway nice fish and tell me about the jon in the back. how big is it and did you use it to get there or to take baits out??? tks Mack

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Nice fish, just started back saltwater fishing last year and have been on 5 or so Drum trips. every friend except me has caught a big one...my biggest maybe 5 ...lol

anyway nice fish and tell me about the jon in the back. how big is it and did you use it to get there or to take baits out??? tks Mack
On FB I believe he said 10'.

rustvyper

Ten Pointer
We were fishing the inlet. Just used the John boat as a pack mule to cross from topsail to the Bases' island.
Less crowded & you can fish the current break where the river comes around the corner.
Other 2 guys with me were in kayaks, but the job boat can haul a lot more gear.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
well i just looked at this so forgive me but what bit on that drum. He is tore up on his tail and side.

was it that big shark you caught?

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Given where he was fishing it was most likely a bull shark. Catch lots of them in that area and they can top out over 10ft, biggest ive personally ever caught was just over 6ft and had a 8 inch bite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk