Anybody in the Concord area?

racinjason

Four Pointer
Supposed to be working in the Poplar Tent area next week.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

R&R barbecue at the corner of poplar tent and Pitts school rd. It's not the smoke pit but it's good food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'll make sure to leave your power off if I change your meter...LOL!!!

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
You are't too far from Huntersville or Mooresville. Big fan of Duckworth's (Mooresville and Huntersville) and Mac's Speed Shop in Cornelius. If I just want "scenery" and a cold beer to watch a football game, I like Twin Peaks. Just be careful at Concord Mills. It can be a nightmare to get out of the parking lot at the end of the night. The Brickhouse in Davidson is awesome as well...

As far as hunting, I agree with Uwharrie or Alcoa, though Alcoa is tough to access without a boat.....

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
I have more land than I can hunt because I trap for the landowners. 330 acres in Rowan county, 900 acres in Iredell, 89 acres in Guilford.....It's a good way to get your foot in the door....Just saying' :) Oh, and 450 acres in Anson....

Last edited:

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
On the corner of Poplar Tent and Harris road there is a pretty good pizza place called Johnny Brusco's. It is New York style. They have some good lunch specials if you like pizza.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well I've found the area worse than Logan... Yeesh!!! I am WAAAY more nervous over here than I EVER was in the Logan area!!!

Over here off of Rockhill Church is just freakin awful!!! More drugs, way more gang presence, AND my spanish is a little rusty... Not having a good day...

Last edited:

smilliganqb

Eight Pointer
Have a feeling I know exactly where you are lol, did you take a right at the big bend on Stagecoach Rd off Rockhill Church? Really hoping you get to some of the better parts of Concord soon, its not all bad.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Have a feeling I know exactly where you are lol, did you take a right at the big bend on Stagecoach Rd off Rockhill Church? Really hoping you get to some of the better parts of Concord soon, its not all bad.
That's EXACTLY where I'm at..

smilliganqb

Eight Pointer
Hahaha, its funny how 1 mile can change the demographics of areas, I live in the neighborhood right behind Papa Rob's Ice Paradise there on the corner before you turn onto Rockhill church, literally a mile from where you are now. Nice neighborhood with 2 ponds where I can fish whenever I want and no illegal activity taking place to my knowledge or to the knowledge of my neighbor who is a police officer lol.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Off of Lincoln St. Saw at least 8 drug deals, was approached by no less than 4 hookers and saw a drive by!!!

No pictures of the hookers??? Lol. They are called chicken heads in Robeson county and probably other areas, too. Nasty!!!!! Be safe!!!

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
That's EXACTLY where I'm at..

Yeeea, but like said above, I live a mile or less from there and things are alot different. It's crazy that you are sent to the absolute worst areas of Concord!

Smilliganqb, I live 1/4-1/2 mile from you.

smilliganqb

Eight Pointer
Yeeea, but like said above, I live a mile or less from there and things are alot different. It's crazy that you are sent to the absolute worst areas of Concord!

Smilliganqb, I live 1/4-1/2 mile from you.

Small world, Sky Hawk just pm'd me and I actually live in the same cul-de-sac where he used to live.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
1b74b0aab307c3b72d97c87304196fa2.jpg

If any of y'all in and around Concord see this truck, stop and say Howdy.

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
I can tell that you're still in the shady part of town!
I'll keep an eye out for you while you're in the neighborhood.
I'm surprised the City didn't tell you to put the magnetic sign on the door.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I can tell that you're still in the shady part of town!
I'll keep an eye out for you while you're in the neighborhood.
I'm surprised the City didn't tell you to put the magnetic sign on the door.
They'll get over it.

I'm actually in Carriage Downs today. That's where the pic was taken

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Which is a much nicer area than I was in yesterday.

Which brings a whole other set of issues. Mainly suspicious neighborhood watch members following you around and questioning every move you make.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Until we're through with both water and electric. Probably sometime next year at least

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
They'll get over it.

I'm actually in Carriage Downs today. That's where the pic was taken

I hate to tell you this but concord is run by a bunch of Liberals..they don't get over anything and nothing is their fault. The more I find out the more I hate the dam place. I'm in the process of getting a permit to built on some land I own in Cabarrus county. Just pulling a permit is a crock of BS now. It must be done on line as of Oct1, 2016. Last two I pulled was in 1998 and 2003..i walked in the county building both times back then and walked out with a building permit...now they have it on the computer...I applied last Friday...its been a week and no permit. Only a fool would call this progress. Also I had to email them my blue prints because they wouldn't up load to their system on line. They up loaded them for me. Bottomline is my footings could of already been dug and poured by now on the old system...instead....I'm waiting on a computer system to give the approval.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I hate to tell you this but concord is run by a bunch of Liberals..they don't get over anything and nothing is their fault. The more I find out the more I hate the dam place. I'm in the process of getting a permit to built on some land I own in Cabarrus county. Just pulling a permit is a crock of BS now. It must be done on line as of Oct1, 2016. Last two I pulled was in 1998 and 2003..i walked in the county building both times back then and walked out with a building permit...now they have it on the computer...I applied last Friday...its been a week and no permit. Only a fool would call this progress. Also I had to email them my blue prints because they wouldn't up load to their system on line. They up loaded them for me. Bottomline is my footings could of already been dug and poured by now on the old system...instead....I'm waiting on a computer system to give the approval.

that sucks. But yeah, progress.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
From what I've seen, even in the "hood" Concord seems to be predominantly pro Trump, which surprises the hell out of me.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Actually had a pretty good week. No real crazy things going on... other than the 20 something black lady who preached to me for 30 minutes about how HRC is a piece of scum and that Trump is exactly what this country needs.
That was unexpected for sure.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Crap...how did I forget that! Everytime I walk out of Gianni's with my wife, I'll mention Cabarrus Creamery! Although they're in a different location from the original, Cabarrus Creamery is another local place that has been around since 1923.

I was wondering why you were ignoring the creamery. Second the suggestion of Gary's in CG.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
No pictures of the hookers??? Lol. They are called chicken heads in Robeson county and probably other areas, too. Nasty!!!!! Be safe!!!

I just busted out laughing about the chicken head comment, and you are right as rain on that. You must be a local; PM me if a Robco resident.