Fall Colors?

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just spent 4 days in Todd- really green when we arrived - nice color as we left but not peak yet- at least in the Brownwood rd area of Todd

willb

Eight Pointer
I noticed this morning that it seemed like the colors changed overnight, so living only 5 minutes from the entrance to the Pisgah District of the PNF, I drove around to do a little leaf scouting.

I'd say that you guys are who are traveling up here, will be just fine.

they did. we were just there last weekend and they showed nothing like this.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I was up this weekend, on the Parkway it was very nice. My guess is the peak varies depending on where you are. There was a lot of wind Friday and Saturday, so a lot of the leaves were blown off, probably a little earlier than they would have been under normal circumstances. Was very colorful around Linn Cove viaduct and up and down from there.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The wife and I made the rounds yesterday above the New River up above the Virginia line almost to TN.
Color was sparse in upper elevations and very nice in others. Protected areas that haven't had the strong winds were better. It was a good trip, but makes me always realize that our area of the foothills is hard to beat for beautiful colored trees.

BuzzCut

Ten Pointer
Was up in Black Mountain this weekend. Took a few pics between Asheville & Mt. Mitchell along the BRP:

Last edited:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
nice pics still decent amount green in there I was up in Ashe opening day grouse season and lot softwoods had blew off hardwoods turning good stinking wind blew all morning though

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Wife and I were in Cherokee Tuesday through Friday. Rode the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad out of Bryson City. Leaves were pretty good. Nice views from the Parkway. A possible 1 one night stay turned into 3. And the motel was filled for the weekend. We were able to go during that time because my wife teaches in Robeson county and the schools are closed through Wednesday. And normally I'd be picking Cotton, but not this year.

Last edited: