MEATEATER on Netflix!

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
There's finally something good to watch on Netflix besides Andy Griffith!
They have Meateater on Netflix now. I've seen most, if not all, but still put it on my list, and gave it 5 stars to maybe help ghe ratings.

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Great, love that show, watched my recordings last night. He really understands what it's all about, and articulates it well.

Last edited:

Hank

Old Mossy Horns
Care to give those of us that have never heard about the show a quick description of what it's about?

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Care to give those of us that have never heard about the show a quick description of what it's about?

Down to earth guy, a do it yourselfer, that emphasizes his love for cooking wild game. Not about horns or trophies, cooks out in the wild all types of game. Last show he went to a turkey hunting destination he had only read about in a book. Not many turkeys but he wanted to walk those same areas and see what he could do. Whats great is, he doesn't attempt to know everything, in fact I don't think he would consider himself an expert at hunting anything. He doesn't use the show to promote himself, just his love for the outdoors. He shot 2 Jake's on last day but it was a struggle.

Last edited:

Hank

Old Mossy Horns
^^^Two Thumbs Up^^^

I'll have to check that out, sounds interesting!!!

Thanks for the info...

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
Good description bowhuntingrook!
There are only a couple hunting shows that I'll watch, and this is one of them. Randy Newburg ' s Fresh Tracks is another. Both promote hunting instead of products and gimmicks. And I never watch any whitetail hunting. Bores the crap out of me!

wcjones

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Read this thread and took a look at the show...he almost lost me when he started talking about being in a meat crisis...and "needing" to fill the freezer all while he flew out to alaska just to hunt moose....but other than that I'm a fan and learned some things about cooking wildgame....I've only watched the first 4 episodes

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Yea you lose credibility when you're flying to get "freezer meat"

I think your taking him a little too serious if your getting on him for saying he's in a meat crisis. Seems simple, he likes game meat, freezer is getting empty, its a meat crisis, don't take it so serious, he's not.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
meateater is the only show I actually like

Newberg is OK

agree with the comment that whitetail shows are basically boring,,,,as are most of the others (waterfowl especially),,,,,,,,,,but then I have limited exposure but the ones I have seen I did not care for,,,,,,,

But I do record meateater as I like that fellows style,,,,,,,

and on the flying,,,,,how else a man supposed to get moose meat for the family?? tags in lower 48 are hard to come by,,,,,,,,

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Steve Rinella or something like that? I still have the trichinosis story in my head. The idea the describe worms live in your muscles still makes my skin crawl.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Steve Rinella or something like that? I still have the trichinosis story in my head. The idea the deactive worms live in your muscles still makes my skin crawl.

waymoe1

Ten Pointer
I have loved that guy for a while. if you get a chance read his books, American buffalo and meat eater both are great.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I binge watched what was available on Netflix in like 3 days. Good show. That's enough TV for me for another 6mo or so.

muzzymomentless

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Just watched the episode with him hunting sandhill cranes. Ribeye of the sky they called them. Wouldn't mind giving that a try

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Rockhound

Eight Pointer
I've liked Steven Rinella for a long time. Have read several of his books. One of my favorites is The Scavenger's Guide to Haute Cuisine, can't recommend it enough.

Loving the show so far, 5-6 episodes in. Gets me excited for hunting and cooking.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
I like the show and like where his head is at. He shows respect and does what the locals do. At the end of the day he is still a yankee and I am not impressed with his hunting skills overall. I love the episode where he hunts in south america with the locals. The guy with the Russian 16 gauge is a badass and id love to hunt with him. I can vouch for chewing the co-co leaves in south america and it really does give you energy. I have been to Colombia to Bogota and Medellin. I want to go back and hunt/fish with those guys some day...