valle crucis fishing

baseball2828

heading to Valle Crucis this week for some R&R. Interested in doing a little fishing, anyone got any pointers for a newbie from shore? Im a bass fisher but interested in possibly catch/release some trout. Ill be using a spinning rod, any info is appreciated. Thanks

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
x2 what wnc said. There is another section down watauga river road of dh water that is a deeper pool right under the bridge where I think 221 crosses the river.. Ive hooked a little bass there and plenty of trout.
Plus its less pressured than valle crucis...slightly lol

baseball2828

Thanks guys, something like a mepps spinner ok? single hook only?

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Any input on a good section of DH water to fish on the Watauga with a fly rod? Not terribly familiar with that river, and have pretty limited time in the mornings, so if anyone has a good general area that would be good with some landmark or road name for a reference, I'd appreciate it. No specific honey holes, just a good stretch to consider. Thx

wademaster

Was through that area fishing other water a while back. Very popular. You'll be far from alone.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
I would love to give you guys my honey hole but this spot is a jewel to me. I wish everyone could see it... just about every hole on the watuaga holds trout. I could spend a day on here alone telling y'all about each and every hole. A single hook rooster tail with a gold blade is tough to beat. A nonscented pink worm works well too. Goodluck pm me if you guys would like a good hole or two and I'll point you in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
All of these came from the watauga and another blue line on the map. Myself and 2 buddies limits one morning...
3444897054a1a851d8df6d8f38c86ca5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk