Who is into alcohol stoves?

creekhobo

Ten Pointer
Once you start........... You will never look at a can the same way.
Most of these will boil 2 cups of water in 4-5 minutes with less that 1 oz of fuel.
Some will burn for 15-25 minutes on 1.5 oz of fuel.

This was my first one. Weight .9 oz
DSC_0014_zpsi0nyikui.jpg

Made a few more that style with a few differences. They changed the bottles and I went in a different direction. Works best with a pot stand.
DSC_0017_zpsbxobvba6.jpg

I made a few like this and gave some away. One of my favorites. Weight 1.9 oz They will work without a pot stand.
DSC_0021_zpsxdzpdsgb.jpg

Axe can stove. Weight 1 oz Needs a pot stand.
DSC_0019_zpsv2s7t7uh.jpg

This was a propane bottle. Weight 7.7 oz It's a monster and I throw this in for car camping.
You can use a pot on the top or slide some tent pegs through the holes for a small pot.
DSC_0042_zps5i2qufxs.jpg

I then changed up and made a few like this. Short weight .8 oz Tall weight 1.3 oz Needs a pot stand.
DSC_0027_zpsczzqfgr1.jpg

I then had some tops that I didn't want to throw away. I tried a few caps with different vent holes in them. Weight .6 oz Needs a pot stand.
DSC_0028_zpsihf2jxup.jpg

Then went to the vent holes on the side. Weight .6 oz Needs a pot stand.
DSC_0030_zpswpobiiqj.jpg

Worked good, It's just to tall.
DSC_0032_zpsoebv57px.jpg

Trying to get rid of the screw on lids. You just pull the rivet out and pour the fuel in. I like this one and may go back to it. This stove with a built in pot stand would be great. Weight .8 oz
DSC_0034_zpsuguckzhx.jpg

This is # 30. I am wanting to make a screw in pot stand to replace the screw in the fuel fill hole. Current weight 1 oz
DSC_0036_zps7dhgkluu.jpg

I have these in my current backcountry cook set.
DSC_0037_zps5mpqi7uc.jpg

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I like all the different designs
I have been using them for 40 years.
Still use some old Swedish and german ones.

I really like the ones you can fill and seal up then break out and use.
I tape match books from MRE's to the top and seal them in a zip lock

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've made several, of different designs, and bought one off ebay as well. I have to admit, the one I bought, called a "RUCAS" stove, works best, but takes a bit longer to prime than the ones I made. It looks similar to Creeks first picture. The best fuel I've found is the gas line anti-freeze in the yellow bottle found at wal-mart or any auto-parts store. Your stuff looks good, Creek!