NC HB 1148 Concealed Carry Ammendment

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
What is HB 1148 in plain southern english? I figure a cliff notes version is better than trying to decifer legal jargon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
HB1148 would do away with the permit requirement for concealed carry in NC. You would still need a permit if you wanted to carry in other States that require it for reciprocity.

These provisions are generically referred to as a Constitutional Right to Carry concealed.

Last edited:

chef

Ten Pointer
This is where the repubs suck. Spend all your political time and capital on gay :donk:donk:donk:donk and not on making NC the lowest tax state with maximum 2a rights in the south east. My 2 biggest concerns

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
This is where the repubs suck. Spend all your political time and capital on gay :donk:donk:donk:donk and not on making NC the lowest tax state with maximum 2a rights in the south east. My 2 biggest concerns

Thank you. But sadly many people do not see the big picture and are all about the emotional HB2 battle.

Buffet Trout

Twelve Pointer
I would vote against it bc I appreciate the vetting process...without this measure, I believe there is a greater chance for reckless carry, which could ultimately be used against us...permit is a small compromise to pay

Last edited:

chef

Ten Pointer
I would vote against it bc I appreciate the vetting process...without this measure, I believe there is a greater chance for reckless carry, which could ultimately be used against us...permit is a small compromise to pay

shall not be infringed

you do not need permission to exercise a right.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
it extends further back than hb2. the first thing they went after when gaining full control was "protection of marriage".

And making various and necessary reforms to the firearms laws.

They even tried to remove the "pistol purchase permit" nonsense.

chef

Ten Pointer
And making various and necessary reforms to the firearms laws.

They even tried to remove the "pistol purchase permit" nonsense.

should have just made a constitutional carry bill and passed it. they didn't much, if any, help from the democrats.

Pirate96

Twelve Pointer

There is nothing about NC's concealed carry process or permit that ensures someone will not "reckless carry".

There should be no need to get a permit to exercise a Gd given right.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
shall not be infringed

you do not need permission to exercise a right.
Exactly. It's not difficult to understand. Unfortunately, the liberals sure know how to cook a frog. We've all gotten SOOOO used to accepting crap like that.

Buffet Trout

Twelve Pointer
So it's OK for some of you that gang-bangers can legally carry, which could increase access to firearms in instances where there should be no firearm?

Seems to me like more unjustified shootings would just fuel the liberal, anti-gun media, which has great control over the direction of our country

Pirate96

Twelve Pointer
So it's OK for some of you that gang-bangers can legally carry, which could increase access to firearms in instances where there should be no firearm?

Seems to me like more unjustified shootings would just fuel the liberal, anti-gun media, which has great control over the direction of our country

Do you think the NC Concealed Carry Permit process stops them now from carrying?

Pretty sure we already have laws on the books for "unjustified shootings".

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns

so by your reasoning and assumptions places like Chicago and NYC and DC should be the safest cities and have the lowest incidences of gun crime........yet the exact inverse is true. Let me say it like this...........NO LAW IS GOING TO STOP A CRIMINAL FROM CARRYING OR OBTAINING A FIREARM ILLEGALLY.

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
For heaven's sake folks, all HB 1148 would do is abolish the State's CCH permit requirements for carrying a gun concealed in the state of NC. You would still have to be eligible to possess and carry a firearm in accordance with all the other laws that are currently on the books.

Your status as a "gangbanger" would remain unchanged by this proposal.

Pirate96

Twelve Pointer
Yes, I do think it influences some instances...but I don't have any data to prove or disprove. Do you have any data?

I believe bryguy stated it best as quoted below.

so by your reasoning and assumptions places like Chicago and NYC and DC should be the safest cities and have the lowest incidences of gun crime........yet the exact inverse is true. Let me say it like this...........NO LAW IS GOING TO STOP A CRIMINAL FROM CARRYING OR OBTAINING A FIREARM ILLEGALLY.

Buffet Trout

Twelve Pointer
What if they are not a criminal...do you want people with an IQ of 80 or lower who clearly don't have the mental capacity to always know when/if to shoot carrying? I think the current process mitigates some of these risks.

How about someone who has never demonstrated the ability to properly work a gun or hit a target?

And I never reasoned that those metros should be the safest. I started my post with a question that you interpreted as a statement or position. Do you have any data that suggests that the murder count wouldn't/wouldn't be higher?

Last edited:

btsharky

Twelve Pointer
I have to go against the grain here too and say that I don't think everyone needs to be able to carry concealed.

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
So who gets to decide who can CC and who can't? What if "they" decide YOU don't need to be CC'ing? Also if it is ok to restrict and limit the 2nd amendment why not the 1st? or 5th? or 4th?

Buffet Trout

Twelve Pointer
Excellent questions to consider, for sure. Why does there need to be change (to the left or right) from current environment?

It is my opinion that there are much bigger fish to fry than altering current cc policy in NC. Personally, I'm more worried about no AR 15 or no 10+ capacity and would rather fight those restrictions.

So who gets to decide who can CC and who can't? What if "they" decide YOU don't need to be CC'ing? Also if it is ok to restrict and limit the 2nd amendment why not the 1st? or 5th? or 4th?

Weekender

Twelve Pointer

The media....i refuse to live my life in fear of what those folks think. They can all ESAD. I hope my entire life offends them every day. I am a proud member of the VRWC and i am a deplorable.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
,,,,,,, I'm more worried about no AR 15 or no 10+ capacity and would rather fight those restrictions.

what restrictions? guess I am lost,,,,,did not know we had restrictions on those items here in NC,,,,,,,,guess I may (I say MAY) be in violation,,,,,,,

or are you fearing future possible restrictions?

I did not get a concealed handgun permit for years, because I don't believe the govt has any business telling me when or how I exercise the second amendment (within reason),,,,,,,,

still don't think they should

seems, in my most humble experience, that criminals do NOT follow laws anyhow,,,,,so how does the current concealed carry law stop them?

Last edited:

jim67

Eight Pointer

You can already open carry without a permit, other states are joining the "Liberty" of Constitutional carry and then again, no blood in the streets. I have seen some people with the privilage card who still shouldnt carry, with a drivers licence who shouldnt drive ect. No right should be treated as privilage.