Trout fishing

EGrdneck

Taking the wife and FIL tomorrow planning on south mountain early in the morning followed by a trip to the general waters section of wilson creek.....anyone got any other suggestions....or reports?

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Wilson Creek DH is fishing well, not sure about the general waters.

Good luck

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
They stocked all the delayed harvest water first of Oct and will again first week Nov. The hatchery water will not be very productive since hasn't been stocked since first Aug. Souty Mtn park always fun to fish gets little crowded on weekends if weather is nice but you'll still be all right

Last edited:

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Saw a stringer of some nice trout laying on the bank at N. Mills River Saturday. Belonged to a poacher, obviously. Don't undersand why it is hard for some to play by the rules

Rockhound

Eight Pointer
I had some luck at Wilson Creek last weekend and am pretty new to it so that's saying something!!

Sure is pretty out there. Can't wait to go back.

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I divide the N Mills into two sections

Don't know about you.

Of course I do Little Boy!

Everybody here knows you're just trying to catch WNC in an error and show how smart you aren't..........hell, he knows where he was and he knows the rules. Otherwise he wouldn't have referenced "poaching"!!

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
LOL

You do realize its illegal to keep trout on the N Mills whether you are fishing up near the reservoir or down in the recreation area? Delayed Harvest section, right?

I mostly fish the "upper area" from the parking area off Wash Creek anymore due to less poaching than the"lower area" in and around the campground.

Both areas are stocked by Trout Unlimited

Last edited:

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
LOL

You do realize its illegal to keep trout on the N Mills whether you are fishing up near the reservoir or down in the recreation area? Delayed Harvest section, right?

I mostly fish the "upper area" from the parking area off Wash Creek anymore due to less poaching than the"lower area" in and around the campground.

Both areas are stocked by Trout Unlimited

Don't even try talking down to me...........I "realize" more than you'll ever "realize"!! LOL

Even tho it's not considered "trout water", the lower section on private lands below the USFS boundary holds great numbers of trout......but you wouldn't know about that because there's a helluva lot you don't "realize"!!

The "upper" section beginning at the USFS boundary is for people like you who can't fish the "lower" section.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Don't even try talking down to me...........I "realize" more than you'll ever "realize"!! LOL

Even tho it's not considered "trout water", the lower section on private lands below the USFS boundary holds great numbers of trout......but you wouldn't know about that because there's a helluva lot you don't "realize"!!

The "upper" section beginning at the USFS boundary is for people like you who can't fish the "lower" section.

Grow up.

You knew fully well we were taking about the DH on national forest lands.

Nobody was talking about the private water off game lands.

Last edited:

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
The only way he is going to advance is IF he crawls out from under his parents basement...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockhound

Eight Pointer
I am kind of new to WNC (moved here about 14mo ago) and just love it! Took a long lunch today and hit Cane Creek through Fletcher Park. Landed a small rainbow (5") and had a much bigger one (aren't they all??) on hook, but he flash his belly to me, spit the fly, and made it back to his hole. I've got to practice setting the hook!!