anybody fall hunting this year?

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
Here is my western guide in the pic

a0e144e6110f61145c5302e589cb995d.jpg

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Thinking about trying for some after I deer hunt on Sunday. They only seem to gobble and vocalize when I really want to deer hunt and left the shotgun home.

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
Can't wait to see the video.

My brother is having trouble getting the video online, but if he does, you'll see some of the strangest looking hens you've ever seen. I'll post it up if he is eventually successful in getting it on youtube, and let you guys see for yourselves what is "strange" about them.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Today was winter opener in VA, and the first true fall/winter hunt I've ever done.

Couldn't quite get a line on them this morn, but I found some very promising areas. Kept following steaming sign, but never had any birds at the end of it. Did run one out of a tree about 11.

Went back after lunch and caught 2 separate bunches out in a neighbors field. Foiled by a property line...imagine that...

Ended up hearing 8 fly up on our property, and got them busted up as best I could, so I'm looking forward to seeing if I can do something with em in the morning!

Last edited:

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Took a fella in the club with me this morn, and he swung and missed. So goes life, but at least we were in em!

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Broken thermostat at the house kept me out of the woods yesterday evening. Went in blind this morn, nada...haven't heard or seen anything remotely resembling a turkey.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Broken thermostat at the house kept me out of the woods yesterday evening. Went in blind this morn, nada...haven't heard or seen anything remotely resembling a turkey.

they have to be in fields or openings with this weather. Or Not. :)
Good Luck!

Last edited:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
This time year is usually feast or famine all about food food food and if the preferred source is on your property. It really can be needle in haystack if your hunting big land where they stay in woods picking up leftover acorn scraps

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
^That'd be preferable to the pines that are making me pull my hair out...

Last edited:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
understand that I hate hunting pines especially this time year with t being winter just not lot feeding there hard to compete with hardwoods