Is that a deer head?...

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Ayup, could've been a fresh kill, a road kill, a gut pile, ehd...etc etc. Who really knows how the yote got hold of it.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
very possible that it is from the remains that some "upstanding" hunter threw out along the road/in the woods,,,,,,,,,

just as likely as any other concept without more evidence,,,,,,,,,

doesn't stop me from "putting one in him" if I were to see him though!!

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
very possible that it is from the remains that some "upstanding" hunter threw out along the road/in the woods,,,,,,,,,

just as likely as any other concept without more evidence,,,,,,,,,

doesn't stop me from "putting one in him" if I were to see him though!!
Like I mentioned in an earlier post/thread. It is getting the time of year good "samaritans" begin in earnest their supplemental 'yote feeding program. Check most of your secondary roads for drop off points. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Like I mentioned in an earlier post/thread. It is getting the time of year good "samaritans" begin in earnest their supplemental 'yote feeding program. Check most of your secondary roads for drop off points. :rolleyes:

Yep, I have already seen them and it is only bow season here. I was trying to do some coyote trapping on a friends property this Jan. right after deer season ended. 7 carcasses dumped within 1/2 a mile including a doe and fawn dumped together that were shot and dumped but no meat removed. Slobs! Coyotes had plenty to eat!

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Regardless of how that yote got the deer head, that picture could be quite influential when we discuss (argue) with the anti hunter folks in how soft and cuddly nature is.

Coyotes eat deer.....period. Red wolf/yote hybrids eat deer....period.

The more of either which exists, the fewer deer and turkey there will be.

Cool pic btw!

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Regardless of how that yote got the deer head, that picture could be quite influential when we discuss (argue) with the anti hunter folks in how soft and cuddly nature is.

Coyotes eat deer.....period. Red wolf/yote hybrids eat deer....period.

The more of either which exists, the fewer deer and turkey there will be.

Cool pic btw!
Nature isn't soft and cuddly, we and all rational folks know that. Those people that have absolutely no idea what goes on in nature try to make it that way, and are the type that get killed when they are introduced to the larger animals of it.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Nature isn't soft and cuddly, we and all rational folks know that. Those people that have absolutely no idea what goes on in nature try to make it that way, and are the type that get killed when they are introduced to the larger animals of it.

I believe a "timothy treadwell" mentioned is warranted.

But it's a fact that the red wolf folks SWEAR wolves won't eat deer, and won't breed with yotes (whom EAT deer), and that more red wolves won't hurt the deer population. THis picture in fact proves their theory wrong.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I believe a "timothy treadwell" mentioned is warranted.

But it's a fact that the red wolf folks SWEAR wolves won't eat deer, and won't breed with yotes (whom EAT deer), and that more red wolves won't hurt the deer population. THis picture in fact proves their theory wrong.
I long gave up on that thread here but I once was pretty interested in it. I remember following several of the links to it. Half of the supporters and most vocal proponents weren't even from this continent. You know the type, fools looking for a cause.

ellwoodjake

Twelve Pointer
Probably removed by someone after harvesting the neck meat. Coyotes are opportunistic. Any biologist who studies them will tell you that the scat they leave behind, turns into mostly deer hair this time of year, and remains throughout the winter, when they start pulling down crippled deer. I actually got a picture of a coon on my trail cam doing the same thing.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Plenty of video and pictures of coyotes killing deer, adult and fawns. Maybe it is the wolf in them that makes them the pack hunters I have witnessed while we were both hunting deer. No doubt I'll dust everyone I see, well I'll at least try. LOL