Headin' for Buxton tomorrow!

MrVegas

Spike
Buxton bound tomorrow people! Last hurrah for the year (well, maybe...lol). I'm kinda new to this surf fishin' thing and at this time of year my head is in the deer woods so let's see how this goes!

bow hunter

Four Pointer
Just got back from there yesterday. Fishing was the worse I've seen in a long time, I couldn't even get a bite on shrimp. Hope you have better luck then I did. The hurricane really screwed up the fishing.

Last edited:

curdog

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Yeah, I went down last weekend and couldn't get the weight to hold bottom, the water was rough. Didn't see anyone catch anything. Was able to catch one puffer and a tiny whiting in the sound. Hope the fishing is better for you this weekend.

Last edited:

big bore bob

Eight Pointer
I was in Hatteras the week before the hurricane, left for the mountains on the Saturday it hit.
But did not catch anything out of the surf all week.
Did catch some reds off a boat in the sound, but nothing in the surf.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
There sure were a lot of fishing rigs with baskets and racks returning today on US 64.....
That and campers.

gilznfinz

Just got back yesterday unfortunately all the fresh water dumping into both hatteras and Oregon inlet has hurt the drum bite. I will tell you that on ramp 43 there are two nice holes toward the old lighthouse closure. You will be able to clearly see at low tide. The north hook of the point has tons of glass minnows and the blue fish are thick there late in the afternoon. Most drum I caught was actually on oakracoke on the very far north of the island. (Nothing larger that 36"). Fished the SW winds at the point and didn't see a single drum caught in the late afternoons. Your best bet is early before sunrise at ramp 43. Cast one long and one right behind the suds. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrVegas

Spike
Just got back (sad face...lol). gilznfinz, Tried 43 and 44, nothin. Tried 49 in Frisco, nothin. Stayed off the point, shoulder to shoulder out there!. Tried the Hatteras side of the inlet, NOTHIN, not even bait fish with the cast net!. Went over to Orcacoke yesterday, caught all kinds of mullet at the inlet, than went to the northern most ramp (forget the number) and caught one flounder and one skate! Still had a blast! Love, love, love it out there!...did catch a bunch of Yuengling!, wasn't a total loss!...lol

MrVegas

Spike
On a side note, if I lived out there I would have legs like a linebacker! Man, my legs are sore from walking round in the sand!...lol