Can't catch bass

92rscamaro

Six Pointer
So I have started trying to bass fish. I have been to sharon harris 3 times and have to catch a bass. I've thrown senkos, spinner baits. Rat-l-traps. Jigs. No luck. I end up giving up and just fishing for pan fish. Just getting this rant out of the way. Any tips for a new bass fisherman.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
It's prob not what your fishing but where? At Harris you should be focusing on the edges of the grass that hasn't died back. About halfway up the creeks with channels adjacent to them. A little later as the water cools they will move to main lake points in front of the creeks.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
A buddy and myself have fished harris more times than ill admit and come back empty handed...if Im being honest that happens everywhere we go...but we might have landed 2 fish per 8 trips there.

I did catch my biggest in november a few yrs back, a 6lb on a carolina rig with a white floating worm fishing a deep channel, and then bested that one the following april with an 8lb on the riprap. 2 ft of water with a storm swiming shad...good luck

windsor396

Button Buck
I was just there Tuesday and pulled a hog. I was fishing in a chanel towards the shallow end, I was fishing the grass edges with an unweighted stick worm. Have done well with sticks and spoons around the 8-10' level off main points.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
we won a boat fishing the channel edge under the bridge one halloween weekend.

that was in harris's early days when 14" fish were at a premium. still a good place though.