Eastern NC Farm Pond Bass Lure Suggestion for Nov?

BR549

Twelve Pointer
Clean with hing-cut brush around the bank that has been pushed into pond for cover

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
well around the trees it would be hard to beat a jig to get in and around that cover. under low light conditions you favorite topwater will do fine.

for the non brushy areas a senko is bested only by a NED Rig ( a half zinkerz or zero (elastech senko style bait) on a 1/16th oz gopher mushroom jig head.)

Just cast it and wind it back slightly shaking it or throw it out let it go to the bottom and bring it in and cast again. you can ruin a pond with it if you kill what you catch.

i parallel the banks most often in clear ponds, your hinge cut cover stymies that. Sounds like a good pond.

when you say eastern i think of perhaps brownish water color?

If so i would use some brighter colors on my plastics. If it's normal water color then green pumpkin will work.

Pirate96

Twelve Pointer
Love the buzz bait around dusk on these Sunny November days when the next day will be 20 degrees cooler.

The fish will feed ahead of the front. That is when I nailed my personal best.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Love the buzz bait around dusk on these Sunny November days when the next day will be 20 degrees cooler.

The fish will feed ahead of the front. That is when I nailed my personal best.

Can't go wrong with a buzzbait. I have a 7lber on the wall and released a 10lber both caught on the buzzbait. I always preferred the buzz jewel with a flat metal head. You could get it up easy and keep it up on the water and make it change direction fairly easy.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
let me suggest that you buzzbait fans consider putting a whopper plopper in your arsenal.

same exciting topwater fishing with a different reaction until they get used to seeing them.

the 90 catches more but the 130 makes you think you are going to really catch bigguns. :)

Pirate96

Twelve Pointer
let me suggest that you buzzbait fans consider putting a whopper plopper in your arsenal.

same exciting topwater fishing with a different reaction until they get used to seeing them.

the 90 catches more but the 130 makes you think you are going to really catch bigguns. :)

I can get four of my favorite buzz baits for the price of one whopper plopper. I am sure it will catch fish, but would never replace the sentimental part of throwing a buzz bait.

Nothing better for me than throwing one especially after the squeak gets developed on the buzz bait.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I can get four of my favorite buzz baits for the price of one whopper plopper. I am sure it will catch fish, but would never replace the sentimental part of throwing a buzz bait.

Nothing better for me than throwing one especially after the squeak gets developed on the buzz bait.

dont be a hard head there Pirate. :)

We were lucky enough to have some of the very first buzz baits that showed up in central NC. way back in the 70's.

Folks dismissed those kinda like you are doing the whopper plopper. Plus they cost the outrageous amount of $3.50.

what is that saying you can lead a mule..... LOL. One bite on one and you will forget that cost.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Billy Phillips Buzz Jewel if you can find one. :) A Double Whammy wouldn't be a bad choice either.

<>< Fish

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Billy Phillips Buzz Jewel if you can find one. :) A Double Whammy wouldn't be a bad choice either.

<>< Fish

One of my favorite baits. Once the water gets warm in the spring I run one near the surface and watch the fish come in with a wake behind them to explode on it. Billy Phillips has 2 true time tested baits for me that's the buzz jewel and the double whammy.

tritonbuck

Eight Pointer
I used to fsih farm ponds a lot when I was growing up. I would try some small shallow diving crankbaits as well.

windsor396

Button Buck
This is the greatest time of year to get your PB. Some fisherman say slow and stir the bottom, others say burn the top, jerkbaits, shallow cranks, senkos, ned rigs.
I have discovered that no matter what, each location is unique. There is no one bait that works everywhere for the big ones, but gets some everywhere. A weightless trick worm or senko even with a lightly weighted hook seem to work everywhere I have been.
I have learned more than anything just from speaking to locals..

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Caught my personal best in December one year out of a farm pond in TN. Was using a chartreuse booyah spinner bait.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Talk to the locals for the area you are fishing. They can clue you in on what works. Every pond and lake has its uniqueness...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jlewis74

Old Mossy Horns
Spinner bait worked through the cover and a shallow running crank bait if the bottom does not have a lot of junk on it!

lil_shawn1990

Spinnerbaits, blade baits, and small texas rigs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

lil_shawn1990

Following for info on 3.50 whopper ploppers lol

lil_shawn1990

Roger. Lol. Duh &#128514;

HuntinCop

Twelve Pointer
Gotcha! I knew I was missing something. I'd pay $20 for a good lure though so I'm buying one and trying it!

reread post #10.

i was comparing the resistance to the whopper plopper price to the same concerns some had with $3.50 lunker lures 40 years ago.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Gotcha! I knew I was missing something. I'd pay $20 for a good lure though so I'm buying one and trying it!

my worst payout was for old P70 poprs. i bought several but have only used one bone one. it is just perfect in terms of action. and will walk in place very well.

my smart aleck fishing buddies call it "55" because i was stupid enough to tell them how much i paid for it. :)

I have caught zero fish on the 130. I've got the loon color and the bone.

i've caught a couple bass and a bowfin on the 90 though. monkey butt pattern.

Pretty neat little bait.

Not sure if you subscribe to mystery tackle box, but they were throwing some into their boxes not too long ago.

I got one in my saltwater box. The others I bought and yes, they are kind of pricey. I'm not a brand snob or anything, but they are pretty slick though.