Another Cape Lookout Albie Trip

Quackman

Twelve Pointer
Planned on fishing Friday-Sunday but the weather (wind) kept us on the hill Friday. I ended up hunting Friday morning and driving down to AB in the afternoon.

Wind was still pretty stiff out of the north Saturday morning as we broke the inlet with the sun just peaking over the horizon. Found fish less than half mile outside BI. Quickly threw the skunk off the boat with a triple hookup. I had a virgin Albie fisherman on board that had his mind blown on the first cast. We picked a few more up in the same area then it shut down. We went looking down Shack and found a few more willing before lunchtime. Around 10:30 the wind kicked into overdrive and by noon we decided to hit up Ruddy Duck Tavern for lunch. We got back out around 1:30 and it pretty sloppy due to the 20mph N wind. Fish were there though and plenty willing to take a fly or jig. We lost count on the total #s that afternoon but estimate 25-30 fish. It was just an epic bite that lasted for hours. Even had some toothy critters enjoying the buffet!

Sunday morning was almost as nice as it gets weather wise. 5-10 out of the north, no swell, and fish busting just outside of the inlet. Picked up 2 right away then the inlet turned off with the slack tide. Marked fish deep in 50' of water so we started dredging for them. I broke out the 600gn sinking line on the fly and started to go to work on 16-20lb fish. Only problem, I never got to put my hands on one. Had 2 pulled hooks, one hook straitened, lost one at the boat due to the motor. Tough day for me! The other 2 guys landed a few throwing metal so all was good. Got a nice hole in my hand from a very unhappy seagull that got wrapped up in a line. Those suckers can go some damage when agitated!

Here are a few pics from the trip. Enjoy

And the toothy girl

Quackman

Twelve Pointer
Guess you didnt do any swimming? Sharks off our coast have gotten bad.

They were really bad this trip. Almost every fish we hooked had a shark following it to the boat. I was shocked we never lost one to teeth

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Had a tuna trip out of OI earlier this fall, lost 3-4 tuna to sharks for every one we landed. They're getting to be a nuisance.