Speckled trout fishing on pier

wet9500

Can someone please show either a photo or by diagram type of right used to fish live shrimp from pier to catch speckled trout. I've seen alot of people fishing for them at oak island in summer but not sure type of right they use. seems like a 2 hook with a couple of fettuccine between them.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

wet9500

Auto correct on phone got me *right should be rig and fettuccine should read feet*

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

SharpShooter

Ten Pointer
Not peri fishing but I often use a 3/8oz Hank brown hook up style jig head and pin the shrimp on through his face. Straight up through the horn Just before the two black spots in his head.

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
The regulars on Johnny Mercer's including some of the guys that work there were using gotcha plugs. They were bouncing them on the bottom and reeling in a little slower than when jigging for blues. And I saw the evidence for myself that it was working.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
The regulars on Johnny Mercer's including some of the guys that work there were using gotcha plugs. They were bouncing them on the bottom and reeling in a little slower than when jigging for blues. And I saw the evidence for myself that it was working.

they do that at Jeanettes pier in the summer for Pompano...never seen it before until Jeanettes... they dont work the usual spots for pompano but just a little further out. real slow and jerk so it bounces off the Bottom. caught some of the Biggest pompano I have ever caught doing this with got cha's