Hot dogs rant

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Costco.

I think $1.50 for about a 9 inch dog, bun, and empty fountain cup. You apply your OWN amounts of condiments if it's onions, relish, catsup, yellow mustard, or deli mustard.

Can't be beat!

Back in the day, after my cousins bachelor party, VERY wee hours of the next morning, the bus dropped us off at the 7/11 we had our sweethearts pick us up at. I went inside, hungry as all get out, for a costco hotdog. The 7/11 had one, by itself, rollling on the thingy. I announced, LOUDLY, to the poor third shift clerk, I wanted that hotdog (they served it for you back then) with mustard. He argued with me about how that lone hot dog was there when his shift started, and who knows how long before that. I agrued back, and he made it for me. I threw that whole thing up within a half hour.

Point = you don't hear about 7/11 hot dogs for the gurus. There is a reason why.

Costco all the way for me. They even sell their brand, and I can cook em on my grill!

witler

Eight Pointer
To me you can't make a good hotdog without a red winnie. Also brings back memories of 'Amos n Andy's' in Durham, long gone but still remembered.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
You can sure tell deer season is over.

why? This thread started in the middle of November,,,,,deer season,,,,,,,

people just like hot dogs (as long as you don't think about most of the ingredients!)

I will agree about pauls place in rocky point. Live in wilmington and every here raves about them. Eaten there 2x going towards burgaw and wont stop again. Best deal on hotdogs are at the few local churches who sell em. Forest Hills church in Downtown concord is my favorite, but only open one day a week. Have homemade desserts that cant be beat.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
If you folks ever visit the Piedmont Triad Farmers Market or the Raleigh Farmers Market stop by the Walker Farms stand and buy a pack of bison hotdogs. We don't have them all the time but boy are they great.

<>< Fish

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
If you like a unique chili you should try Bill's Hot Dogs in Washington, NC or Warren's in Greenville.

Bill's started it and Warren's is a close copy.

Never been a fan of either. Something just aint right about white chili......plus I'm not a big fan of heat and those dogs can be a bit hot.

We pulled off 264 somewhere last week and saw a place called "hillbilly's" dogs or something. Just cant remember which exit it was. Just remember it was right beside a sheetz I think.

EDIT: you can still get good hot dogs at Peadens here in Greenville....and some damn good cheeseburgers too.

Last edited:

witler

Eight Pointer
Favorite late nite snack..couple of red winnies, straight out of fridge and a jar of yellow mustard, double dipping is allowed if alone in front of TV.

ibgreen

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Steves place near triangle town center in raleigh. Good dogs, awesome onions and the best chili I have had!

NCdoe

Ten Pointer
You need to try Dairy-O in Winston-Salem, King, and Clemmons. Best hotdog I have ever eaten. They have a Combo that comes with hotdog, fries, and a drink for around $5.00.