Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot dogs rant

Ten Pointer

Default Hot dogs rant

Growing up guess the cheapest was 50 cents and one place had 5 for $4. They always were so good and just about all the time the hot dog would fall through the bun from the loaded all the way condiments. Now days about everywhere you go they range from $2.50 to $7.00 per hot dog. What a rip off. But every where I order them now I order EXTRA MUSTARD, EXTRA CHILI, EXTRA ONIONS. Always down the road I find that there is one run of mustard maybe three chopped onions and less than a straw full of chili even after ordering extra for those high prices. Im all but done ordering hot dogs.

Another good one kept hearing Sheetz had good hot dogs three for a $1 So went to Sheetz to try them. Sure thing on the touch screen advertised three for $1. Placed order went to register to pay and three dogs $5 and some change. I brought to their attention AD said 3 for $1. Thats correct but we charge 50 cents per hot dog per condiment. 50 cents for mustard REALLY! Who orders hot dogs in a bun plain to eat besides KIDS!

Are you experiencing the same thing?

One way or another they will get you . Hot dogs used to be the cheapest meal to but when your out and about , not anymore .
    I believe in God , Country , Family .

Next time you are up here we will go to Nelson for lunch. Not sure but I think the hot dogs are still $1, maybe $1.25 but if you get it all the way you had better have a handful of napkins.

Ten Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by Targetshooter View Post
    One way or another they will get you . Hot dogs used to be the cheapest meal to but when your out and about , not anymore .
    PRICE WE HAVE TO PAY BUT WE EXPECT SOMETHING FOR THE PRICE WHICH MEANS A OLD FASION SLOPPY HOT DOG!!

Ten Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by lasttombstone View Post
    Next time you are up here we will go to Nelson for lunch. Not sure but I think the hot dogs are still $1, maybe $1.25 but if you get it all the way you had better have a handful of napkins.
    Thats the way it should be!!

Twelve Pointer

They are certainly proud of there hot dogs most places.

One solid piece of advice...... avoid ordering a "cheese dog" in Alamance County. To me the "dog" part indicates a hot dog, but up there that just means a hunk of cheese on a bun in place of the hot dog.
    Where all roads end..... http://wokokon.com

Twelve Pointer

getting crazy when a place charges for mustard or ketchup
    Last edited by turkeyfoot; 11-14-2016 at 09:10 PM.

Twelve Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by turkeyfoot View Post
    getting crazy when a place charges for mustard or ketchup
    And the Sheetz hot dog has no taste so you have to get lots of condiments with them
    Where all roads end..... http://wokokon.com

That's weird they charged so much for condiments like mustard. I have eaten a lot of hotdogs at a lot of sheetz and the basics like mustard, ketchup etc.. Was free but things like chili and cheese were not. Maybe go back to sheetz and place another order and make sure to watch which are free or not.
    1942 Mosin Nagant chambered in 7.62x54R
    Mossy 20 Gauge 500 pump
    Marlin and Mossy .22
    50 Cal Hawkin BP
    50 Cal Knight
    H&R .308
    Remington 770 .243

Four Pointer

Cook-out footlong with cheese, onion, chili