Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Hot dogs rant

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    lol I always say college BBQ but I figured I'd get corrected
    Al's Nighthawk used to have the best around Salisbury, but it has been long gone. That probably was before your time.

Eight Pointer

Y'all can have all the red hotdogs never ate 1 that was edible consistency of a damn Vienna sausage especially boiled

Eight Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by deerslayer60 View Post
    Y'all can have all the red hotdogs never ate 1 that was edible consistency of a damn Vienna sausage especially boiled
    A grandfather of mine used to boil his and eat it plain, as in no bun. Turned the water and pinkish or reddish color. Yuck.

Default Hot dogs rant

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyB View Post
    Let me find some BRIGHT LEAF ....Carolina Packers dogs and I will make them myself!! I don't need no stinkin restaurant.

The boys in the eastern part of the state know what I am talkin about!
    Let me revive this thread. Having read a lot of posts regarding the merits of this dog I happened across a store in Winston-Salem who carries them. They carry both the hotdogs and smoked sausages. While you're at it and in want of a ready made - Kermits is just down the road a block or two LOL. Triad Meats on Waughtown St is the place. I have two packs in the cooler and plan on trying them for supper tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lastfling; 01-11-2017 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    College inn BBQ in Salisbury. Ft long ATW

Pioneer in Clyde. Not great but a comfort foot in college.
    I have never eaten a hot dog at the Pioneer, because it has one of the best cheeseburgers on the planet.

Saxon's hot dogs and minners in Abbeville, SC has some good dogs. And they sell minners.

Eight Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by Lastfling View Post
    Let me revive this thread. Having read a lot of posts regarding the merits of this dog I happened across a store in Winston-Salem who carries them. They carry both the hotdogs and smoked sausages. While you're at it and in want of a ready made - Kermits is just down the road a block or two LOL. Triad Meats on Waughtown St is the place. I have two packs in the cooler and plan on trying them for supper tonight.

Surprised they are that far west......post up your thoughts when done

Eight Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue44 View Post
    A grandfather of mine used to boil his and eat it plain, as in no bun. Turned the water and pinkish or reddish color. Yuck.
    Love em boiled or on the grill.........you guys are missing out

Bright Leaf hot dogs and bologna are my wife's brand - she loves them,,,,,they are fine by me,,,,,not real picky,,,,,
    ,,,,sent using Jedi Mind Tricks,,,,,,,

Picture a combination right wing, libertarian, unabomber, conservational, nationalist who believes in reverent science and who, to his core, remembers the words he swore to "defend the constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic........so help me God"

Will do. Fellow that runs the place said he had a lot of customers from down east asking for them and complaining that they couldn't find them so he stocked them. Carries the red hots too and maybe the bologna - I'll have to look closer next time. I spotted them before Christmas when he cut the hock end off a country ham for me.

Six Pointer

You can sure tell deer season is over.