Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot dogs rant

Eight Pointer

RJ's (Old Tasty Freeze) in Fuquay Varina has some good old red hotdogs. They have specials during the week for .99 cent per dog.

there's a grill up from my dads that serves bright leaf dogs and they are 2 for 2.50 I think..maybe one of the best hot dogs I have found honestly......worst hot dogs in the world are at dick's hot dogs here in Wilson.............
    When we (man) experienced our fall from grace, God endowed the dog with all the properties initially intended for us...honesty, loyalty, nobility etc. and made the dog our best friend to be kept by our side so that we could see what strengths of character we could aspire to....but never quite achieve.....

Quote Originally Posted by tritonbuck View Post
    Several god ones in the piedmont. I like Doss' in Kernersville, Kermits and Pulliams in Winston, and for a good chain hot dog, Cookout is hard to beat. They all charge too much...
    x 2 on Kermit's.....can't pas that place without stopping in for one or 5......
    If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    NRA LIFE Member since 1970
    Proud member of NCH&F

Twelve Pointer

Best Carolina Packer I have found when not cooking at home.

Cricket's Grill in downtown Smithfield. 2 for $1.65
    Where all roads end..... http://wokokon.com

Old Mossy Horns

I have not found one good hotdog in the area. It's not the hotdog that makes a good hotdog - it's the chili that is put on top of it. I have not found anyone that makes a good homemade chili. Every restaurant or vendor opens up a can of chili and reheats it. There was a hotdog place in Morgantown, WV that made a killer chili. They made two pots of homemade chili each day - one hot and one mild. If you wanted medium heat, they put a little of both on top of the hotdog. The hotdogs themselves were average. The chili was great. Occasionally when traveling near Morgantown, I'll buy a quart of the chili to bring back with me.

Twelve Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrewale View Post
    I have not found one good hotdog in the area. It's not the hotdog that makes a good hotdog - it's the chili that is put on top of it. I have not found anyone that makes a good homemade chili. Every restaurant or vendor opens up a can of chili and reheats it. There was a hotdog place in Morgantown, WV that made a killer chili. They made two pots of homemade chili each day - one hot and one mild. If you wanted medium heat, they put a little of both on top of the hotdog. The hotdogs themselves were average. The chili was great. Occasionally when traveling near Morgantown, I'll buy a quart of the chili to bring back with me.
    If you like a unique chili you should try Bill's Hot Dogs in Washington, NC or Warren's in Greenville.

Bill's started it and Warren's is a close copy.

Old Mossy Horns

A meatless chili - blasphemy

Twelve Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrewale View Post
    A meatless chili - blasphemy
    It is different and if I am in the area and looking hot dogs they are very high up the list

They're not cheap, but Ward's Grill in Whiteville (Columbus County) makes an awesome hot dog & burger. I get mine with just ketchup like I do anywhere, but "all the way" is mustard, chili, and onions. They're definitely not stingy with the condiments. I can vouch for their chili being good as I've had a burger with it on it before.
    "Would you look at all those those stars. I mean you look up and you think God made all of that and He still remembered to make a little speck like me. It's kind of flattering really."-Morgan Earp

Eight Pointer

Burger Barn in Warrenton has the best damn hotdog in the state. Brightleaf in the bag is the only hotdog I will buy and boiled is the only way I want to eat them.
    Last edited by nchunt101; 11-15-2016 at 02:33 PM.