Be Careful out there

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
20 foot boat, 5 people, the given sea conditions. This was almost to be expected. Glad everyone is safe and hopefully a lesson learned.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
20 foot boat, 5 people, the given sea conditions. This was almost to be expected. Glad everyone is safe and hopefully a lesson learned.
The Cape Fear was looking rather scary as the day progressed. When I was heading back the ocean side was an abosolute washing machine. While the fort is protected trying to fish in 20+knot winds in a kayak is a PITA especially when you forget a stick it pin.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
The river side can get stirred up pretty quick with tides and winds trying to counter act each other.

Quackman

Twelve Pointer
Glad all made it back safe. That was a bad call to head out in those seas in a 20' vessel. Some people just dont know the limits and this is what ends up happening.

crittergitter

Ten Pointer
I have been trough the Cape Fear Inlet more times than I can count. I have seen calm days and days we were pushing our luck in a 45 footer. It can get down right sloppy in the mouth of the river with waves hitting you in three directions at once.

robertc

Eight Pointer
Almost sunk a brand new 18 foot center console in the Cape Fear Inlet years ago with an inexperienced captain at the time. Dangerous place at times.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Carolina Beach Inlet

Lot of deep water trying to cram into that shallow water makes for some tough times.

e0822062ea757107506c1f188820db30.jpg

30/06

Twelve Pointer
All be careful out there in the winter, that cold water is nothing to fool with, boat capsized in Beaufort inlet this week and killed a fella, sad incidents. BE CAREFUL!