Shooting at the Raliegh gun show

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
A friend from the LEO community just texted me and said there was an "accidental" discharge at the gun show, victim was transported with a head wound. This crap is getting routine. SMH

Sorry for the spelling of Raleigh, I must be dislexic.

Last edited:

Jack's PA

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
So it was in a vehicle leaving the show with a gun NOT purchased at the show.

Sounds like somebody needs to learn a little gun safety.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
So it was in a vehicle leaving the show with a gun NOT purchased at the show.

Sounds like somebody needs to learn a little gun safety.
According to the article they were handling guns purchased "at the show" and one not. Draw your own conclusions.

Last edited:

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yep, I would be inclined to think those publications try to paint gun shows in as bad of light as possible. Just due to their politics.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
regardless of inside or outside, the media LOVES the phrase "gun show" and will use it as MANY times as they can when reporting on this. If it happened in someones driveway, it'd be a 1 paragraph quick bit.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Doesnt matter to me....most disappointed ive been in a while. Went looking for a used 10-22 and maybe a left hand shotgun. The gun shows I remember must be gone. Its been 10+ years since ive been to one so what I recalled in my mind was just a figment of my imagination. 5 what I call "junk" tables for every gun table and 10 ar15 rifles for every other long gun at the show. Waste of $9 and my time....ill gun shop online from now on and have it shipped to my local ffl.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
Doesnt matter to me....most disappointed ive been in a while. Went looking for a used 10-22 and maybe a left hand shotgun. The gun shows I remember must be gone. Its been 10+ years since ive been to one so what I recalled in my mind was just a figment of my imagination. 5 what I call "junk" tables for every gun table and 10 ar15 rifles for every other long gun at the show. Waste of $9 and my time....ill gun shop online from now on and have it shipped to my local ffl.

You are correct, if I am unable to go shopping at the mall with my wife, then I might consider going. :p

Last edited:

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I usually enjoy the junk tables as well. Im not into the knives and swords...but i like find rare items.

oteixeira

Four Pointer
The only reason to go to a gun show is to avoid paying hazard tax on reloading supplies (when you ship them).

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
regardless of inside or outside, the media LOVES the phrase "gun show" and will use it as MANY times as they can when reporting on this. If it happened in someones driveway, it'd be a 1 paragraph quick bit.

And gun show loop hole. Morons!!

Triggernosis

Ten Pointer
I saw the story on WRAL. Let's go ahead and formulate some uneducated theories just for fun. My theory: the handgun handed to the woman in the rear seat of the truck was a Glock.

cuppednlocked

Ten Pointer
From what I read the woman was in the front seat. The handguns were given to the guy in the backseat. He pulled the trigger and the bullet grazed her head after passing through the headrest.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I know everyone is into piercing.....

But a gun is a risky way to pierce an ear and makes a big hole......

Hope it was no one from here.

Triggernosis

Ten Pointer
From what I read the woman was in the front seat. The handguns were given to the guy in the backseat. He pulled the trigger and the bullet grazed her head after passing through the headrest.
And from what I heard it was a guy and his wife in the front seat and the guy handed a gun to a woman in the back seat. Probably from the same news media crew that predicted a Hillary win. :D

ascain

Button Buck
The thing I found odd was how many details of the story WRAL had within just a couple of hours. They had names of all three occupants, they knew the driver was a CCW permit holder, that he purchased two handguns at the show and had another in the car that was loaded. The woman in the backseat was holding one purchased at the show and the one that was already in the car loaded. Don't know what to make of the fact that they had so many details so quickly, it was just very odd. Normally it would be "Shooting outside Raleigh gun show. One person shot in head. No details as it is still under investigation."