Advice on connecting to NCH&F via Verizon without having to log in every time ?

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Like most folks, checking a few favorites sites from my iPhone every day while out roaming around away from my home network…NCH&F being one of them…I like the convenience of using short-cuts on my home screen that are always active and do not require logging in every time.

For example, shortcuts are active and work fine for things like WRAL News, WNCN Weather, Google, Facebook, Google Maps, etc...even just sitting in the woods only having the Verizon network available.

But with NCH&F, for some reason whenever I'm roaming away from my home network, I have to go through the log-in steps each and every time when going through the Verizon network…(not so with the examples above).

Anybody have any ideas of anything I may be doing wrong or some sort of software / setting I may need to tweak for my connections to NCH&F to behave like those others and not require logging in every time?

Last edited:

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
True, but makes it way easier to read, sure you miss out on replying to CRC's polls, but that is a plus...

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I didn't want to go the Tapatalk way either but once I did I wished I had done it sooner.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Sounds like an Iphone problem.. Never had a problem using the Lite version of the site on my Android once you select the keep me logged in function and I am on Verizon so I do not think it is a network problem.

You may want to check your phone settings for something like saving cookies..

Last edited:

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That got me checking again...didn't find anything about cookies but did find that there are 2 places to turn on 'cellular data' .
Both were on for voice data but only had one turned on for 'cellular data'...flipped it on and ran some tests here with my wifi turned off and FireFox connected fine.
Thanks for the nudge...should know for sure next time I leave the area

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm not "against" it...I just have no interest in installing any unnecessary software. FireFox is my preferred browser for everything...

Last edited:

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Im sorry RB. I got your PM asking this question but completely forgot about it after my girlfriend sprang a surprise trip on me. Im glad you got it figured out.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
No sweat...nothing wrong with your sense of priorities.
:)
Finding that second 'cellular data' setting seems to have done the trick...still working fine via the same FireFox shortcut I use when I have my home wifi turned on.
The only connection I've allowed on the iPhone for about an hour now is Verizon LTE...only connection visible up at the top of the screen.
Thanks to all those who replied...

Last edited:

gpduxbak

Six Pointer
Mine does that too. I just hit the "forum button" right above the login area and it takes me to where I'm already logged in.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Once I checked the "cellular data" for my FireFox browser to use, my NCH&F shortcut now stays active when away from my home network no problem and I'm always logged in...iPhone works fine without having to install anything else like tapatalk, etc