Nagging cough

double

Twelve Pointer
Anybody else have a nagging cough that keeps hanging around? About 2 weeks ago I had my yearly bout with fall allergies for 3 days. Since then I have had a cough that I just cant shake. I feel like if I'm not coughing I am constantly clearing my throat. Been taking Mucinex all day trying to knock it out before I get a couple days off work at the end of the week. Kinda tough to kill a deer when you cant be quiet.

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I had the same issue and fall allergies and a friend taught me a trick that seems to work. Go to the spice rack at your supermarket and get the small container of whole cloves. About $8 or so and chew on them for a while before getting into the stand and during. I thought he was crazy and didn't listen to him. After a few more days of spooking deer all around me I gave it a shot and was shocked at how well it worked. Killed a deer my first sit chewing cloves at 20 yards with the longbow. Worth the $8. Try it, you never know. You only need one or two in your mouth at a time.

Last edited:

getTwisted

Ten Pointer
Contact your doctor tell him/her you have a bad cough. Ask them about Benzoatate 200MG. I have had some serious fights with bad coughs over the years this is the only thing that I've ever had to work immediately.

It turns your cough into just some drainage that you can manage by lightly clearing your throat or by just swallowing.

Last edited:

croatankid

our son has had a nagging cough for it seems a couple of months. he went to the doctor and was told it was a virus and nothing else to be done. suffer through it.

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah that stuff ain't no joke! Best thing they have ever giving me for coughs

Sent from.......wait....where am I?!

Pimpscoe

Eight Pointer
I've had the same thing for about 3 weeks now. My coughs have turned into snort wheeze. Smh, good luck with it and let me know.

double

Twelve Pointer
Cough drops kinda have been keeping it at bay. It seems the more I move the more I cough lying down or sitting still i do ok

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I have had coughs last for 2-3 weeks. Coughed so hard/long I'd almost vomit. Carried and drank water everywhere I went. It finally went away. It came on so sudden, I never bothered to think to go to a DR. Some days I'd hardly cough, the next day it'd be non stop even when trying to sleep.

If that happens again, I'll see my DR,.....that's what he's there for.

Sneezing on the other hand, I can NOT get a hold of!

Last edited:

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I haven't gotten my yearly fall/winter cough and cold yet but last year I had a deep cough that last nearly 5 weeks after what I suspect was a touch of the flu.

getTwisted

Ten Pointer
In 2009 had a bad cough that lasted 2 months. I suffered through it to only pick it up several weeks later for 3 more months. Now if I cough for more than a week, I go to the doctor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk