Anyone been "caught" by google earth?

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
It all depends on when that satellite or car goes by.

I mean, with the details, you can about see an orange hat in a tree it seems. Mowing your yard? = caught. Fishing on your boat? = caught. Putting Trash by the curb? = caught

The only place I can figure we are "safe" from Google Earth are either

A. Turkey or Archery hunting
B. Inside a building (probably not for long)
C. deep under water.

I was in a snowball conversation recently that started with one guy who rode his motorcycle alongside the google car, to others decribing where they'd been "caught", to several folks actively looking for themselves.

I admit, though I waited until that evening, I checked out my own likely locations myself. I am shocked to say, it took LESS THAN 8 minutes to find a picture of myself, taken by the google camera :mad: They can fade out the face, but there is no mistaking the physique a certain % of our population has arisen to!

Anyone want to guess generally speaking where I was "caught"? I took my brother 3 guesses :skeerd: It took my wife 2 :mad: (NEITHER guessed "church?")

Anyone else able to locate themselves on Google Earth?

Last edited:

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
My dad has. At his farm walking away from the road. We were working on a tractor and he was walking back to the house.

baxt3r

My wife and I appear at a rental.

I like seeing the drug deals caught on camera. I've found 2 of those.

double

Twelve Pointer
I was actually caught on the overhead driving through one of our fields rabbit hunting. The other trucks where all parked at the end of the field and mine was driving accross

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
I've seen the car twice but have checked and have not seen my truck.

UPDATE: Just checked and finally made it.
attachment.php

truck.jpg

Last edited:

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Current pic has my truck at work, but the previous one...my truck was at the boat ramp and I was fishing;)

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
My wife has. Was Easter morning and you can see a someone wearing pink standing next to the car. I use to joke that, "my wife is so big,you can see her from space!" Some people just don't have a sense of humor!:skeerd:

johnnyk2000

Eight Pointer
I have been caught, I was pulling the trash can to the street and there I was with my son. My truck was parked there as well and you could see my face and my license plate number. Took about 2 weeks to get a reply from google to fix it. they removed the frames where I was standing and blurred my licence plate.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I found my work truck, and figured I was in the building working.

But knowing myself, I figured if the car came by between 9-9:30, 11-12, or 3-3:30 of the workday, there was a goooood chance I could be "found" at 1 of 2 locations.

Sure enough :mad: