11-25 Live From the Stand, Black Friday Edition.

jh68hunter

Not much but fog in Buncombe. At least it's not smoke this morning. Good luck everyone!

genbud78

Ten Pointer
In a tree in Anson. Spooked one coming in and had a small 4 walk by around 0730. 11 turkeys filtered by a few mins ago. Nice to be in the woods

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

bellabarrie

Eight Pointer
I have a woodpecker in the tree above my head. It is dropping bits of tree on me and making it impossible to hear anything. Jeeze Louise!!

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Trying to last until 10am but have seen nothing. Hunting forecast says 9:30am is peak on this "fair" day.

Yella

Had an owl sit within 10 yards of me and a very nice big bodied 8 to walk under my stand around 7:40. Getting down to go enjoy breakfast with the family.

smilliganqb

Eight Pointer
Going to try and get out this afternoon...gotta help the wife put up Xmas decorations. She's got the inside of the house and I got the outside, oh joy

CAP305

Six Pointer
Waiting for the wife to get back from spending money so I can take my son out to Uwharrie. Gonna use the pop-up blind for the first time this year.

B-KayCh

Six Pointer
First deer of the day, nice even 8, he young. He will be good one in 2 years if doggers not get him.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Thank you guys for killing the yotes...More turkeys and deer to hunt for everyone next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Quietest Friday after thanksgiving I've ever seen. Not one shot all morning.

ncturkeyhunter

I'd be happy to catch a glimpse of a deer. Slow in Stokes. Haven't heard a shot this morning.

zachattack

Button Buck
Hunted the last 2 mornings with nothing to show for it. Going to get in for an afternoon sit and hope for the best.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I quit a couple of hours ago. Seen zero, no shots heard, warming up fast. Dog hunters are in the area, but other than trucks tearing up and down the road, haven't heard much from them, either.

Last edited: