Anybody elses foodplots drying up

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My clover is still hanging on in Rockingham but the rye and ryegrass is wilting. Here in Harnett county the plots are drying up and turning yellow. No rain since early October. The foodplot down at the dog club is still green but they got an inch of rain last week down there.

Last edited:

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
my rye is still green in sampson... still alot of acorns on tje ground as well.. havent seen the 1st deer yet..

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Our food plots are just an open place in the woods to dump corn. This is the worst year I can remember for growing anything.
I can't even germinate a salad plot at my house.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Mine are still going strong, and the deer are finally browsing them well. With all of the acorns early on, they hadn't been hit very hard, but in the past 2-3 weeks, they finally started spending more time actually feeding in them.

Last edited:

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I threw out turnip seeds a few days after the hurricane and they are still sitting on top of the ground. I only have one successful plot and it is right next to a spring fed creek so the ground stays moist.

getTwisted

Ten Pointer
I planted Winter Wheat, Winter Greens, and Forage Oats. the rain from hurricane Matthew is the only reason any of it came up but they have suffered a lot from the drought. Hope next season is a lot better.

ncnat

Ten Pointer
My plots are doing good for what little rain I've had. I planted some plots in Stokes County not far from Madison and it's bare ground. You can see where it came up but no rain to keep it alive.

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
The little chicory that made it is eaten to the ground, Durana clover is hanging in there pretty well in the shady areas and looking rough in the sunny ones. We are like 12 inches behind in rain here as well