Who seeing turkeys ..... while deer hunting this year

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Funny how deer season comes in and I have seen more turkeys than deer. Seen a huge flock of 17 in Rockingham county twice . Seen 3 gobblers and 4 hens here in Harnett county twice and seen multiple hens and gobblers down in Scotland county. Crazy. My brother has seen a flock of 15 down in Scotland county.
Who else seeing a lot of turkeys? I believe I have seen more turkeys this deer season than ever before.

Last edited:

smilliganqb

Eight Pointer
Turkey sightings have been noticeably down this fall on our club in Halifax Co.

I've seen the same thing at my dads property in Halifax Co., was seeing 6-10 turkey last year almost every sit and have seen zero in 5 sits on the land I hunt in Halifax. I have not been able to take out any 'yotes from the property yet so that may have something to do with my lack of sightings.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
I saw 8 turkey fly down from their roost last weekend.

I'm always seeing squirrels. When hunting squirrels, I see deer and no squirrels. I think they can tell what gun I'm carrying.

JD1107

I saw a flock of 20+ while leaving the farm Saturday after blasting the crap out of the area shooting doves.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They are always on our lease in the fall, but are mostly gone by springtime. I hear/see them just about every hunt.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Where I hunt in Wake I have rarely seen turkeys and never in spring. Watched a group of 6 gobblers scratching in some oaks for over an hour last weekend. Best deer hunting of the year.