12/1 live

grey.ghost

Six Pointer
No one else out this morning? Just a gorgeous day to be in the woods.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Packman

Spike
I'm out. Going to be in the woods all day. Amazed I have any cell service where I'm at.
Got in early to still hunt an open field and planning on doing a lot of walking/stalking the rest of the day.

Good luck guys

Targetshooter

Good luck you guys , be safe , God Bless your hunt .

JReynolds78

My first post on the forums. I'm in Wilkes County. I only get to hunt the rifle season due to lack of equipment. I did not get to go this morning due to work getting in the way. I will be in the woods Friday evening and most of Saturday. Hoping the cool weather brings them out. I have a ground bLind on 40 acres of woods. Took a small antler big body buck the day before Thanksgiving. Saw a doe Thanksgiving morning but passed her up waiting on her partner. Nothing since then.

Packman

Spike
Nothing in the field this am...started out trek about 8:30. Saw my first sign in this area this season around 9:30. Seemed like a little pretty good rub. My whole goal of the day was to get up to these ridgelines and hunt the saddles, so I left the rub site. I'm now sitting on a ridge line cooling off(great cell service though). My plan now is to go slow and spot/stalk these saddles and loop back around and just sit in the area where I found the rub.

Absolutely Beautiful day out here.

B-KayCh

Six Pointer
At work today, trying to ease into my coming vacation, will be at hunt camp tomorrow and all next week. Wx looks like rain most of the week, be camped out in the box I guess. Be looking for some freezer fillers and "tree branches" as my buddies son said of a nice one he got a glimpse of.

Redeye

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Had to work today but got off in time to hurry home and ease into a ground blind. Nothing so far. I'll hunt morning and evening tomorrow but back to work through Monday, then off the rest of the week.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
This makes like the 5th or 6th time I've hunted this farm and havent seen a deer!

WNCBear

Button Buck
Spent the day in the woods in Madison Co. Cold and windy early...nice by mid morning. Jumped a doe walking in before light. Saw lots of turkeys, grouse, and a bobcat. No deer. Guess I'll have to go again.

Packman

Spike
Saw some fresh rubs...was excited to sit on them this evening and got called into work and didn't have a chance. Looked pretty fresh to me?
IMG_2672.jpg

Last edited:

NCHNTR

Old Mossy Horns
Saw 6 this eve
Taught my lil man how to tell the difference between a bb and a doe. Good practice for him through his scope too.
417129c2a95da757898f72bfdef8340c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk