New Member ...and a Davie County buck!!

LadyHunter

Button Buck
New to the forum here. Just joined a few days ago, and I love it . Anyways, a little bit about myself I am a college student. I start at Western Carolina in January. Planning to get a Outdoor Parks & Recreation degree to become a Park Ranger. Would love to hear any feedback from the Parks in the Western part of the state. Anyways, so between a lot of school work and a part time job I have not had much time to hit the woods. Finally, I raked a afternoon off..I told my dad that I wanted to hit the woods and sit for a little while. So on we went for a beautiful afternoon hunt. About 5:15 or so I had 5 does come into the corn pile. After about 5 mins of munching they all went ballistic and out walks what I believed to be a 4 pointer. So after chasing a couple of the does around, he decided to stand broadside at 35 yards so I took my shot. After tracking 40yards or so I found my deer. My dad picks up it's head and looks at his antlers and says "how big did you say he was" I said "a 4 pointer" ...he said "nope he is a 7 pointer" ...so after jumping up and down and can hardly contain my excitement my biggest buck to date.

View attachment 53667

Attachments

• IMG_3070.jpg
    IMG_3070.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3085.jpg
    IMG_3085.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Well well well look who it is. Heck of a shot with a crossbow. Way to go on the deer and I'm sure you will do great things. Hang in there baby girl.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Congrats on the deer! I also got a recreation management degree. It is a great degree to get if you love the outdoors. I wish I could have found a job in my field but was i unsuccessful and the pay isnt that great. I went to ASU and wish I could go back....

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Congratulations young lady! I'll be hunting my son's property in Davie once I get some of the coyotes taken care of. He has a couple of 8's and a 6 which could stand to grow a bit so maybe next year.
You should like life up in Cullowhee, my daughter and son-in-law graduated from Western; nice environment.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Congrats on your deer and good luck at Western.

When you get there check with the local forest service and see if they still let students help them on fires.

might be helpful experience in your career.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Congrats on your deer and good luck at Western.

When you get there check with the local forest service and see if they still let students help them on fires.

might be helpful experience in your career.
My father went to Western in the 70s and always likes to tell his story of helping fight a forest fire over near Bryson City. If I was a student up there I wouldn't hesitate to help in any way I could.

Ladybuckhunter you will love WCU if you like the outdoors. Ride over to harmons den for some beautiful mou Hain scenery...but take a map so you don't get lost....gps and call service can be spotty or nonexistent up there...

congrats on the buck and welcome to the forum.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

LadyHunter

Button Buck
Sounds great will definitely look into that Oldest school.... Would love to have that under my belt to possibly help with the wildfires here and out west. I know there is some classes you can take for them but maybe talking with them I can get a little more insight. Thanks!

Last edited:

LadyHunter

Button Buck
My father went to Western in the 70s and always likes to tell his story of helping fight a forest fire over near Bryson City. If I was a student up there I wouldn't hesitate to help in any way I could.

Ladybuckhunter you will love WCU if you like the outdoors. Ride over to harmons den for some beautiful mou Hain scenery...but take a map so you don't get lost....gps and call service can be spotty or nonexistent up there...

I would love to help and learn. Even riding with them and helping out anyway would get that experience under my belt to actually fight the fires one day. Will definitely have to check that place out one day. Sounds like it would be a awesome day trip.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns

I was there in the same period. They paid us, had some on stand by when it was favorable for fires, went in on helicopters to some fires, it was a great experience.