Primos Proof 01 cameras at Dicks Sporting Goods

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If anyone is looking for an inexpensive camera which has decent ratings Dicks has the Primos Proof 01 on-line for $59.95 with a $30.00 rebate. These cameras typically run around $100.00+ and have decent ratings according the reviews I've read.
I picked up 2 of them at the local store, which honored the on-line deal and I had a local discount book that gave me an additional $10.00 off the deal. Total cost per camera with all discounts will be $23.00 once the rebates come back.
If anyone has any information on these cameras that needs to be shared please post it, I haven't put them out yet.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...LIFE-CAMERAS&gclid=CPugjv_Z1dACFQ2UaQodt2oGDw

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I've got one out at the lease and one in Guilford. I've been pleased with them. The color gets a bit wonky when the sun is facing the camera but most do that. I got them from F&S for the same deal a few weeks back. Rustvyper uses the 03's with the zero flash. Last time we chatted he had good luck with them.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thanks for the heads up. I might grab one and see how it does.

Back yard test was impressive for such a cheap camera. I set it up on the hill in the backyard and it picked up the regular deer that come daily to eat corn and peanuts, the blue jays, squirrels and nighttime varmints as well. Very few shots that didn't have anything and even a couple of shots of deer back in the trees in the daytime and at night. They work far better than my POS $150.00 Moultrie that I bought last year. We'll see how long they last.

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Back yard test was impressive for such a cheap camera. I set it up on the hill in the backyard and it picked up the regular deer that come daily to eat corn and peanuts, the blue jays, squirrels and nighttime varmints as well. Very few shots that didn't have anything and even a couple of shots of deer back in the trees in the daytime and at night. They work far better than my POS $150.00 Moultrie that I bought last year. We'll see how long they last.

I tried to get some but DICKS around here didnt have any

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That link in the first post still works, but now the price has changed to read $69.00 instead of $59.00..still shows free shipping though. For a $39.00 camera after rebate I still think it's a decent deal (well so far anyway).

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I bought one a year or so ago - guess I am spoiled as I didn't like the results,,,,,,but it was serviceable for a bait pile,,,,,,

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I bought one a year or so ago - guess I am spoiled as I didn't like the results,,,,,,but it was serviceable for a bait pile,,,,,,

At $30-50 they are a great deal. I wouldn't be as happy if they cost $100. I have one over my Moultrie and I never knew how many pictures I was missing.

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
That link in the first post still works, but now the price has changed to read $69.00 instead of $59.00..still shows free shipping though. For a $39.00 camera after rebate I still think it's a decent deal (well so far anyway).

Says in store purchase only.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Update:
I used the two Primos Proof cameras as additional security cameras during my quick trip to Florida and reviewed the footage and pictures last night.
The cameras were used in conjunction with a proven Bushnell Trophy that I had evidence of working well in almost every situation, cold, warm, sunny, shady and nighttime.
One of the cameras was set for 15 second videos and the other for pictures in three shot bursts. Both cameras worked perfectly in the warm, then cold and rainy weather of the past week. The video was better than the nighttime pictures, but both were very acceptable for a cheap camera. The video was clear with very little blur of fast moving grey foxes at night and all manner of vehicles , people and other animals during the daytime, dawn and dusk..ect...
The nighttime pictures showed a bit of blur of fast moving animals and people, but both were easily recognizable and the pictures were far better than Moultrie cameras costing three times as much.
Both cameras still showed 99% battery after a week out, the video camera had much less use than the picture camera because of the location that I had it watching. There were very few pictures and video with nothing in the view, which is actually better than the Bushnell camera that I had out at the same time.
So for now at this point, I can recommend them as a cheap camera that seems to be functional above it's price point. We'll see how long they hold up.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
FYI, I have bought the better versions of promos cameras. I have yet to have any last more than 2 years. They CS was proactive though. The good Primos did take some NICE pics though!