Cvs optima v1

koszman

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Just picked up a v1 combo. Anyone have one what is the best round or powder for the best result. Haven't shot it yet.

coop4u2c

Button Buck
I have one. I shoot BH209. The 325gr. Hdy Flex-tip in an orange MMP sabot shoots better than anything in mine.

NCMTNSHunter

Button Buck
I'm shooting .40 cal 200grain xtps out of blue MMP hph sabots with 105 grains of blackhorn. You can also try the shockwave 200 grain packs from walmart if still around since they're the .40 cal xtp bullet with a yellow tip put in by hornady for T/C. Great accuracy and great bloodtrails....

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I just ordered the Blackhorn 209 plug for mine today. Eager to get a can and start working on a 200 yard combination of propellant and projectile.

Update on this post: They sent me the wrong breechplug(they sent the original plug) and are giving me trouble about exchanging it. Does anyone have the dimension of the powder well in those BH 209 breechplugs? I understand that's really the only difference in the two plugs and it's an easy DIY project. I just can't find the depth of the actual powder well in that plug.

Last edited: