Hellums Breed

buckshot32182

Eight Pointer
Got a buddy that is in search of some Hellums breed hounds. Looking for two running males on deer. Anyone know of anyone that breeds these dogs? He is very partial to white dogs. Or spelling not sure of thirsten guinea

RJ1

Ten Pointer
Thirsty Guinea,I got several fox hounds that came from Mr.Davids bloodline,however they are broke foxhound's.

Last edited:

buckshot32182

Eight Pointer
Thanks for helping with the spelling RJ. I didn't think that was right. I told him i knew of a guy with some of the bloodline but i don't think he is looking the puppy route. Do you know anyone inNC or VA that sells either of these breeds?

RJ1

Ten Pointer
Not right off hand I will check with my brother as he does most of the buying of fox hounds for us,You might want to look around the Ayden/Grifton N.C.area I know Jim Eubanks liked them and had a few in is kennel,also there was a kennel in Jacksonville at one time that had some Guinea breeding I think it was called Little River Kennel.I have a few that have a guinea cross in them but they came out of Mississippi.
If you have or can get a copy of The Chase you might be able to find a kennel in N.C. that is advertising a stud dog that has some Thirsty Guinea in him.If you are looking for deer hounds with papers which I think you are some off the better ones I have seen are Hill's breeding as far as colors of hounds goes does it really matter as long as the hound does what it suppose to do.

Last edited:

buckshot32182

Eight Pointer
Amen. What i've been preaching. Color of dog doesn't matter to me if dog runs like he is supposed to. Hills breed is what a lot of my dogs have running through their veins. They hammer one right too. I've stuck with our bloodline that we started 25 years ago. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I constantly get compliments of how great my dogs hunt. He is looking for papers, but unless you are in the business of selling dogs papers just take up space. Although i guess if you are looking for the authentic breed papers are needed. Thanks for the help RJ. i will check out your suggestions

Last edited:

RJ1

Ten Pointer
We just breed a L&W Gyp that goes back to Action Cat to a Ch.Whisenat's Jimmy B. male last week should be a real good cross shes an outstanding hound good speed,outstanding nose,has a high pitch rooster type bark she has HGA'ed in every outside field trail she has been to. The male is also an outstanding hound having won a couple of hunts at this time we are not planning to keep all the puppies however that could change according to how many she has.

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Check speeddog. I thought I saw someone had a few listed the other day.