New Truck Finally Arrived

nckeith

Ten Pointer
First off this is a huge blessing and I am thankful for both the good health and blessings I have had to be able to afford such a purchase. That being said my new 2017 super duty finally arrived and I am pumped ,took about 3.5 months and finally got the call it was in. I was somewhat premature since it wasn't detailed yet so I will have to go back once it's fully prepped.
Also have an appointment to replace the baloney skin factory tires. Have new 35" nitto ridge grapplers on schedule for install tomorrow. Over 900 lbs torque roasted those oem tires. Hope to get as many years out of this as my last Ford. My old truck is being passed to a 16 yo nephew.
Will get it muddy this weekend.
IMG_0194.jpg
IMG_0193.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Looks real nice, congrats

My 2 cents would give it a few k and months on the factory tires just to break in and make sure everything is true..

nckeith

Ten Pointer
Looks real nice, congrats

My 2 cents would give it a few k and months on the factory tires just to break in and make sure everything is true..

I thought the same, however, I'm getting decent money to trade them in and to be honest they come with factory tires closes to 34". So the 35" are not really too big a jump. The truck is so big stock some are running 37" tires with just a level.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Nice looking truck! Those Factory tires are ugly. Post some pics with the new tires.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
What size and kind are they stock?

May do better selling them.

I ran take of tires for years for almost nothing.
250$ tire costing me 75$ each.

My new Ram 2500 came with 275x18" and they have done fine so far on the road and hunting.

BTW make sure you get heavy duty tires going bigger.
The solid axle trucks get death wobble real bad with taller and softer tires.

I plan to look a set of take of Ram tires and wheels next year and then replace the ones I have with a larger size for driving on the beach when I need new.

My old ram I was running goodyear 305-70-16 and had bad death wobble if I was not at max PSI.
New trucks with 18" is not so much a problem and they offer a lot of oversize HD tires.

Just about all my trucks I have had a second set of rims and tires. Makes it nice for long trips and towing.

Last edited:

nckeith

Ten Pointer

My new Ram 2500 came with 275x18" and they have done fine so far on the road and hunting.

I plan to look a set of take of Ram tires and wheels next year and then replace the ones I have with a larger size for driving on the beach when I need new.

My old ram I was running goodyear 305-70-16 and had bad death wobble if I was not at max PSI.
New trucks with 18" is not so much a problem and they offer a lot of oversize HD tires.

Just about all my trucks I have had a second set of rims and tires. Makes it nice for long trips and towing.

The stock tire size is 275/65/18. The new tire size is 295/65/20 they are E rated with a heavier rating then the factory tires. I am getting $200 for all 4 tires plus free lifetime mounting and balancing with the new wheels and tires. I never seem to get more the 20-25k on new oem tires anyway. I'm convinced they are made softer. i specifically ordered the 6.7 with 3.55 E-locker knowing I was going larger which should bring the effective ration to around 3.31 which is the standard gearing for the diesel. They would never hold up where I drive so im happy to see them go.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Will get it muddy this weekend.

My Ford salesman told me a good story. A farmer came in to buy a new truck. He was paying all cash. Once all the paperwork was finished, he asked if he was now the owner. When told yes, he took out a hammer and put a dent in the side of the bed. When asked why, he said he wanted to be the first person to put a dent in it.

Harpoon

^

I can see that being a true story.....farmer I knew in Vance (deceased now) was from one of the large land owning families up there and would wear a new truck out in two years just driving around off road "checking on things".

He's buy a new one every two years and they would look like they had been dropped from a cargo plane when done.

Harpoon

I've got a set of OE wheels, take offs from a 2011 FORD 1/2 ton..... 20"s.

Cut someone a deal if needing a second set....gently used.....PM me.

No tire pressure sensors.

calynn

Eight Pointer
I've got a set of OE wheels, take offs from a 2011 FORD 1/2 ton..... 20"s.

Cut someone a deal if needing a second set....gently used.....PM me.

No tire pressure sensors.
Pm sent.

Scratch that, just saw it was for a 150.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nckeith

Ten Pointer
Pm sent.

Scratch that, just saw it was for a 150.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If interested in my factory 18's straight off the auto transport, let me know. I will give a great deal on the oe wheels in the pics.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
What brand tires and mod. Got a friend looking 18" tires for his ford.
May be able to help you sell them for more than they are giving you.

jaed.43725

Banned

Death wobble is not caused by tires. The tires will however bring out the problems your suspension/steering/brakes have.