Thinking about getting a few Yeti coolers

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
What is the best place or deal to find them..

Been looking at some of the other brands and problems...
The ones I like and would go with are just too big based on the handle system.

So I think I will go with a few of the yetis and be done with it.
One of the things that gets me is I always find myself replacing the parts on the cheaper cooler and or replacing the..

Just ready to bite the bullet. Have a few guns I plan to sell and have good margin in them so if I find a deal someplace I will only have 50% of normal price.

Cabelas does have 75$ off and I think it would work for the coolers also.
Just having a hard time spending money there now.

Last edited:

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Have you ruled out rtic coolers? I have a 65 and its almost identical to the yeti and has held up just as well. If you are sold on only a yeti then I may have a contact.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
75 off so far is not bad. Was looking better than that.
Know a shop and offered to add to his stock order and pre pay but that will only save me 40 to 60 per unit.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Have you ruled out rtic coolers? I have a 65 and its almost identical to the yeti and has held up just as well. If you are sold on only a yeti then I may have a contact.

Not sold on anything, just no dealers for rtic and last I checked had a long wait to get them.

Acorn1956

Six Pointer
I have the RTIC 65 and love it. Kept ice for 6 days on a NY hunting trip this year. As I'm sure you already know, half the price of the Yeti.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
I think they are caught up now. Website says it will ship tomorrow. If the sizes will work for you I would recommend it. Free shipping and half the price.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
you will be everybody's hero if you find yetis at a discount.

I got a Yeti at discount at REI. For it's members REI sends out coupons all the time that you can use on anything in the store. There are no or very, very few restrictions on their coupons if I'm not mistaken. I bought a Hopper 30 out the door for 245.00. Saved 30% which equated to $105.00.

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
We bought twelve of the 45's from Dicks and they gave us $60 off each. Pretty much same deal you already have with dealer.

Last edited:

mjbrady

Twelve Pointer
Ive got some Calcutta coolers in stock and they may interest you, price wise especially. Let me know what you are looking for size wise.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Im wanting one that fills my hitch rack within reason and that is 24x48.
The other one is one larger enough for a good size deer and ice so something like a 65 or 75 size yeti.

think Im using some 60 now. 48qt hold deer but not much ice.

mjbrady

Twelve Pointer
Im wanting one that fills my hitch rack within reason and that is 24x48.
The other one is one larger enough for a good size deer and ice so something like a 65 or 75 size yeti.

think Im using some 60 now. 48qt hold deer but not much ice.

I have a 80L Calcutta that would fit the bill. Retails $309.99 I can help you out on that.

Willie

Twelve Pointer
I'd go Rtic. I've got a 65 as well and have been happy with it. Their inventory was caught up two weeks ago I know.

thandy

Ten Pointer
I have a Yeti 65 and I love it. I will say that the Rtics are about as good though. I went camping with my BIL this summer and he has the Rtic 60/65 and it held ice just as good as my cooler. It did so good that I went out and got an Rtic soft side to carry around to my son's baseball games.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I bought an Orion Cooler for 25% off. It was a 2nd and had some very minor defects. It is also made in the USA. Has a carry handle and a rope carry. Has geartrac on both sides so you can mount ram products.

lewis9378449

Four Pointer
Another vote here for the RTIC. I have the 65 qt. that stays in the back of my truck. I'm so happy with it that I've got 5 of the 20 qt. coolers that I'm giving as Christmas presents this year. I just checked their website and it looks like all they have in stock right now is the tan. Shipping was free and quick. The last two I ordered on Dec 1st and they arrived before lunch on Dec 5th.

Sawyer205

Six Pointer
Other than durability, the Yeti ain't much better than a decent Walmart (coleman, etc) cooler for keeping ice IMO. I'd say the Yeti brand is one hell of a marketing campaign that has made millions... Yes I own one (got it for my birthday one year), but would never purchase one with my own $. But then again, I don't care much about keeping up with the Jones's.......

:fishing:

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Other than durability, the Yeti ain't much better than a decent Walmart (coleman, etc) cooler for keeping ice IMO. I'd say the Yeti brand is one hell of a marketing campaign that has made millions... Yes I own one (got it for my birthday one year), but would never purchase one with my own $. But then again, I don't care much about keeping up with the Jones's.......

:fishing:
Understand that.

That was why I was looking a deal on them.
If I can get a good price, trade for them or some other way I will pick some up.

Number one reason is they aee more stable and the lid will not blow open or fall off every other time you use them.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
best marketing in "outdoor" gear ever.

my goal in angling is to catch something while casting , standing on a yeti in a flats boat.

i guess i could take mine down to the pond and hop on it. LOL.

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Just buy a few Yeti stickers and a bunch of RTIC coolers. Nobody needs to know anything.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Just buy a few Yeti stickers and a bunch of RTIC coolers. Nobody needs to know anything.

Only thing I remember about the Rtic that bothered me was people were getting them were the foam did not fill out and big areas that had nothing to keep it cold.
Something about a light test and you can see the pockets with no foam.
needed to also look for blisters in the plastic.

Be fine if they were from a stocking dealer so you could look it over before you buy it.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Trust me I thought about telling them to put two in the boat when we go to the lake or don't even show up.