Any turkey goodies for Christmas?

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
My standard turkey related gift for years was a SC license. Not sure about going down this year so that is out.

My favorite turkey gift of all time was a Morgan caller. I did drive some folks crazy messing with it though. :) A close second would be a turkey lounger seat.

How about you, santa showing up with some turkey stuff, or maybe he has been kind in the past?

If you need a suggestion and you dont have one; get santa to bring a turkey lounger type seat.

i would advise against a morgan caller, they cost too much now and make way too much racket as you learn to use them. :)

Merry Christmas!

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I'd be really happy with a "get one" coupon for this season.
And will second the turkey lounger seat. I had one and when I saw Cabela's had them on sale last year I got another one, just in case mine went bad on me. No signs of wear after 3 years of use so maybe it will be something for my grandson when I'm gone.

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Not sure if I'll get any turkey gifts, but I will be giving one, a copy of illumination in the flat woods , always a good read. I've read joe huttos second book "the light in high places" another great one

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Not sure if I'll get any turkey gifts, but I will be giving one, a copy of illumination in the flat woods , always a good read. I've read joe huttos second book "the light in high places" another great one

thanks josh, i did not know of that book, he has a third one as well. touching the wild--- seven years with mule deer.

gobbler

Eight Pointer
friend of mine got me a gary anderson ceramic, i'm ready to see what the birds think of it

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Hopefully will have some free time to finish my turkey leg skinning knife with 4 inch blade by Christmas, will also be looking toward a yelper. Also got my spring cabin reserved for a western hunt taking my brother who has never been further west than Tenn I cant wait could care less if I kill one just gonna be guiding bring on spring

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Hopefully will have some free time to finish my turkey leg skinning knife with 4 inch blade by Christmas, will also be looking toward a yelper. Also got my spring cabin reserved for a western hunt taking my brother who has never been further west than Tenn I cant wait could care less if I kill one just gonna be guiding bring on spring

we need to see that knife. sounds very unique.

gobbler

Eight Pointer
i have a friend that is a knife maker and i pitched that idea to him years ago, he disregarded it, my idea was to leave the spur as a finger protector

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
i have a friend that is a knife maker and i pitched that idea to him years ago, he disregarded it, my idea was to leave the spur as a finger protector

it can be done and yup leave the spur on I wouldn't have it any other way can order a blade from many places just cut leg off below joint cut foot off some epoxy one end sealed one end with the blade you need to put a nice shine on it or it will flake over time

gobbler

Eight Pointer
yeah i figured but some devcon two part epoxy on it and should be good to go, i'll get him to make me a damascus blade for it and make that my turkey skinner, did you put a pin through the leg to hold the blade or you think that epoxy would hold, id rather do both.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I haven't used a pin but that maybe good for durability if your making one for use that may be way to go 1st one I did legs flaked lesson learned challenging was right cap for end I can't say I'm most creative person in world but I'll try bout anything get you nice homemade leather sheathe goes well together

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i dont know where to classify this but since it happened near Christmas, i'll go with miracle. :)

nebraska hunt fell into place and all i have to do is help drive and hunt. details handled for me. i really like that. just tell me where to be.

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
i dont know where to classify this but since it happened near Christmas, i'll go with miracle. :)

nebraska hunt fell into place and all i have to do is help drive and hunt. details handled for me. i really like that. just tell me where to be.

Awesome!

Do you know what part of NE you'll be hunting?

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
oldest school have you ever been? If not your in for a treat what part of state you hunting. Merriams are so much fun to hunt

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
oldest school have you ever been? If not your in for a treat what part of state you hunting. Merriams are so much fun to hunt

i have never been. listening to you guys here of course made it a bucket list event for me.

now again all i am doing is going (no logistics for me) but i think we are hunting around custer county.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
If your on Loup river or surrounding creeks you'll have all the gobbling you can stand nice area to hunt what time of season you going I'll be out that way late April early May Easter kinda messed up my schedule this spring

zachattack

Button Buck
My cousin gifted me a VERY nice turkey vest from Under Armor for Christmas.... I rarely if ever buy UA stuff because it is so pricey, but man this thing is sweet!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk