"Socks" a year later

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
socks 15.jpgsocks 16.jpg

"Socks" a year later. Last year at 3 1/2 seeing him on a regular basis and getting a lot of day time pictures.

This year at 41/2 no personal sightings and no legal shooting light pictures.

Last edited:

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That's interesting. Without the markings I would never have thought that was the same deer. The shape of his frame changed.

Typically deer at that age put on mass and tine length. His tine length stayed about the same but he got a lot wider.

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
That's interesting. Without the markings I would never have thought that was the same deer. The shape of his frame changed.

Typically deer at that age put on mass and tine length. His tine length stayed about the same but he got a lot wider.

Yeah I was a little surprised at the rack change. I would have expected more mass and tines maybe a little longer. Tines seem a little shorter. But amazed at the width change.

I'm really hoping he will make it one more year. One of the first deer I can truly keep up with his progressions without a doubt.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Hope he makes it another year for you, if he does he should be really big.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
It always amazes me at the change in habits of bucks from 3.5 to 4.5. It's like they are not even the same animal.

cowgirl

Four Pointer
Very nice deer, love the socks! Sure is amazing how much they can grow in one year. Sure wish more hunters would let younger bucks walk. That's the only way to get trophy deer.