Woodcock Opener

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Well the season was a skunk for me here. I got out about four times and only had one flush that didn't provide a shot. I don't know where they were this year. All my usual haunts were without birds. There is next year and the quail season is going alright for me.

Saturday was the only day I've made it out all season specifically for woodcock. The place I hunted usually has a few that hang around late. I always see the most birds down there in late November before season.
I wanted to go grousing on Saturday but I could only hunt till noon so we could make it to a wedding. I didn't expect to find any birds but I just wanted to run my dog.

Turned out to be a pretty good Plan B.

I talked to another guy down there with a Brittany that came out after me. Said he hadn't had a flush in 3-4 hunts in that section this season.

Saturday is going to be daylight to dark in the Grouse woods for me. Hopefully this front holds off until Sunday.

deerslayer60

Ten Pointer
I saw a big woodcock in downtown Saluda Monday in the middle of the road on my way back from lunch.been working up there for many years 1st one I've seen