Sharps40

Old Mossy Horns
Rides well, right behind the LCR.

y5dDFWP.jpg

yBBjKCO.jpg

ohvSRK7.jpg

Sharps40

Old Mossy Horns
No way! Purchased! I ain't even close to doin Damascus steel yet!! But, will get started with it on retirement!

Sharps40

Old Mossy Horns
This thing rides great. I was worried it'd be a pain but it nestles right behind the LCRx in its el paso open top , didn't hang up or impede the gun grip. Heck its not even in the way seated. And it skins a deer like great!

Sharps40

Old Mossy Horns
Its one of my plans for retirement. First I gotta get retired, then make a forge and find an anvil or a section of rail road iron.

Sharps40

Old Mossy Horns
Got the medium stone out last night, set up the jig for 30 degrees and refined the bevel. I'll have to go back now with the fine stone and finish but its a good strong angle for a hard use knife.

At 30 degrees and having the roughness of a medium finish as well as the expected sawtooth edge a Damascus blade provides, it still lifts hair off my arm and shaves fine curls from my thumb nail. I suspect I'll be quite pleased after the final polish on the edge and stropping on leather.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
http://knife-expert.com/nc.txt

You may want to be careful about advertising concealing a fixed blade knife. The next officer you encounter may not be as friendly as the SC incident.

Imagine a traffic stop and disclosure of a CCW then he sees the knife, or you tell him there's a knife in there too. May not be a good ole boy leo.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
http://knife-expert.com/nc.txt

You may want to be careful about advertising concealing a fixed blade knife. The next officer you encounter may not be as friendly as the SC incident.

Imagine a traffic stop and disclosure of a CCW then he sees the knife, or you tell him there's a knife in there too. May not be a good ole boy leo.
Was thinking the same thing.

NC CC is for handgun only and fixed blades do not fall under CC or pocket carry rules.

Sharps40

Old Mossy Horns
And just when I thought I had a good knife wrapped up....been lookin for the right one a long long time.....

Mom throws in a finisher.

Down in the shop I've been slowly grinding away on an old file.......

Open the Christmas package this morning and I find this lovely 2 Jakes Elk Antler File Steel Blade.

Ah, Mothers, they sure do pay attention to a youngsters desires! It looks like between the two things is well covered in the blade department. (The elk antler is even stained my favorite color, blue!)

XXK7y7L.jpg

b5WSiPB.jpg

oN4LtJr.jpg