Santa Came Early

JJ260

Six Pointer
thumbnail_1219161706_resized.jpg

Santa made an early appearance at my house!! He left me a new Mossberg 20 ga Turkey Thug shotgun with a Nikon shotgun scope mounted on top. I can not wait to try it out on an Old Long Beard this Spring!!!

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
View attachment 53874

Santa made an early appearance at my house!! He left me a new Mossberg 20 ga Turkey Thug shotgun with a Nikon shotgun scope mounted on top. I can not wait to try it out on an Old Long Beard this Spring!!!

Congratz!! :cool:

I shoot #7 Federal HeviWeights through both my 20 gauges........Try them and I think you'll be impressed!

I've killed my last 20 or so with that load and they never leave the spot even if I mis-judge the distance a few yards!:p

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Congratz!! :cool:

I shoot #7 Federal HeviWeights through both my 20 gauges........Try them and I think you'll be impressed!

I've killed my last 20 or so with that load and they never leave the spot even if I mis-judge the distance a few yards!:p

Another vote for them HW 7's I shoot hevi but if I didn't it would be them deadly shell. Nice looking gun there bet your counting down the days

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i wish i had the the nerve to switch to a smaller gauge.

have you used a scope before JJ260 or are you really making a change in your set up?

JJ260

Six Pointer
No I have had several eye surgeries over the years due to my diabetes and have found that the scope helps me quite a bit. I have them on all my turkey guns now.

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
i wish i had the the nerve to switch to a smaller gauge.

have you used a scope before JJ260 or are you really making a change in your set up?

OS, if you go to a 20 ga, you'll never go back!

My 20 ga turkey guns perform just as well at my 12 ga guns but lighter, easier to hold on target for long periods, less recoil, and people make fun of you for being a candyazz light gun hunter!!!! :p

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
OS, if you go to a 20 ga, you'll never go back!

My 20 ga turkey guns perform just as well at my 12 ga guns but lighter, easier to hold on target for long periods, less recoil, and people make fun of you for being a candyazz light gun hunter!!!! :p

i dunno, if i was man enough and could shoot and carry a 10 guage with TSS, i probably would.LOL

when folks say you can only kill them "so dead" i think "I want them dead dead." 700 pellets in a 20 inch circle would be fine with me. i want no "challenges" after he is tricked into shotgun range.

Just want him to ride home with me.

JJ260

Six Pointer
OS I was right there with you until last year when my buddies convinced me the 20s performed just as good. Like I said earlier those TSS loads are some bad boys (Hal made me a believer of that). I also have a daughter, niece, and nephew that get out with me a few times each Spring. I think they will appreciate the lighter recoil. My nephew shot one last year with one of my 12s and I think he still has a mark on his right shoulder lol.