Winch for Kawasaki Mule

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have one that is 2500# rated from tractor supply. It isn't one of the newer ones that has all the relays in the forward/reversing it has the old large mechanical push button switch for that. It has been used, it is on a 2wd ATV. I use it pulling trees, tightening fence and everything else. It has held up for years. I saw one the other day and I think it was in the $100 range. You could get a snatch block and it would do all you would ever need. I have one just like it on a Suzuki Samurai and it does well on it.

Last edited:

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I got one years ago on line. Was a Gorilla winch they are different name now and work for the 160 range.
After having it on the ATV for 6 years and needing it maybe 6 to 8 times I guess and both to move stands, lift stands maybe a few more times but for hunting never playing in the mud holes.
That said, I have a More Power Puller and when I get my new ATV this spring I will just start carrying it if I need something.
Most the time a rope used to lift or pull the item is just as easy.

One thing no matter what you get do not get wire rope, get the fiber rope, ampsteel blue or silver.
The rope is so much better and lasts great.

Last edited:

Harpoon

Depends on how often you may use and the conditions.

If for the infrequent use, Try Harbor Freight, and wait for a winch sale which they have multiple times a year......many guys into cars (racing or show) buy there for use in their car trailers, and the deals can be substantial compared to a few of the big name winches.