Firearm Wishlist?

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Firearms you wish were made or still being made? Everyone has to have something on their wishlist.

A Ruger LCR kit gun is high on my list. Something with a 3"-4" barrel and adjustable hi-viz sights would be nice. Ruger could revive and own the kit gun market with this gun. They should offer it in .22LR and .22WMR.

What's on your own wishlist?

<>< Fish

Last edited:

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Smith and Wesson K38 Masterpiece. I had one years ago and let someone talk me out of it. Now I can't find one for double what I gave for that one.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
I wish Savage would make a LR heavy barrel rifle in 30-06 to compete with that Remington POS.

The Savage custom shop will build it for you or you can build it yourself. The Savage rifles have tons of aftermarket support these days.

<>< Fish

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Right now RMR30 and a Scar 17
Sure they technically make them now just either to much $$ or so hard to find that people are asking 2x what they cost new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
A colt 1911 that stormed the beach in Normandy.

Have one of those. And very lucky to have the info and story behind it.
Not really storming the beach but was there as a forward observer getting info for D day. He was a little inland when D day started. Was there with the pathfinders if I recall.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Current wish list:

Marlin 1894 in 25-20.

Marlin Model 455 in Win. .270

Marlin Camp 45

.308 Marlin Express ( blued model, MX)

Still being made but definitely on the wish list and probably my next expenditure a custom lever based on the Marlin 336 in .35 Rem, the wildcat by Ranger Point Precision, the .36 RPP.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Current wish list:

Marlin 1894 in 25-20. .

I regret to this day not buying a Marlin 1894CL in both 25-20 and 32-20 when they made them in the early 90s (or was it 1989?),,,,,,,,anyhow I was stationed at Ft Lewis, paying on our house here in NC (no renters) and renting out there,,,,,just couldn't swing it at the time,,,,,,now haven't found one for sale,,,,,,,,

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
I regret to this day not buying a Marlin 1894CL in both 25-20 and 32-20 when they made them in the early 90s (or was it 1989?),,,,,,,,anyhow I was stationed at Ft Lewis, paying on our house here in NC (no renters) and renting out there,,,,,just couldn't swing it at the time,,,,,,now haven't found one for sale,,,,,,,,

1990's I think. I purchased on in .218 Bee but wasn't sharp enough to keep it. The ones that get away...

<>< Fish

DRS

Old Mossy Horns

I have watched and bid on some on GB. Some go for a little to much for me and then some how I miss the deals. Go figure. I'll keep looking and if the right deal happens at the right time I'll own one or both.

Buffet Trout

Twelve Pointer
Ruger semi-auto 44 Mag with 10 round magazine that will fire all weights and +p

Remington pump in 7.62x39 with 10-20 round magazine with a firing pin that will reliably fire steel surplus

Walther ppk & ppks in 9mm Luger

Benelli Super Nova tactical with inteprchangeable chokes

NAA mini in 32 acp

Last edited:

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
And if the sky is the limit and i dont have to pay, add a Colt Walker to round out my collection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1SHOT1KILL

Old Mossy Horns
Winchester Model 64 Deluxe in 32 Win Spc.
Another Dan Wesson 7445V in 445 Super Mag. Been kicking myself in the butt ever since I let a family friend talk me into selling it to him.

Last edited:

Randy

Ten Pointer
Winchester Mod. 70 in 300 H&H

Winchester Mod 12 in 3" magnum

Ithaca double barrel in 20 gauge

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Blaser F3 20 gauge 30" bbls
Browning 725 sporting 28 gauge 30" bbls
Browning 725 sporting 410 30" bbls
Ruger #1 25-06
Rem 700 Classic in 8mm Rem mag new in box

I give my wife this list every Christmas but apparently she thinks it's a joke cause she always laughs?!?!?!?!?!??

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There will be a couple of 1911s coming my way in the near future, I've promised myself at least one or two as soon as this place sells. One full sized tactical, one a little more compact for EDC.

Any particular ones you guys would recommend?

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Any particular ones you guys would recommend?

I really like the Kimber Ultra Carry Pro for the compact .45 choice, other than it being heavy it's a really good choice with the ergonomics and smooth and rounded angles for concealed carry. The full sized 1911's are just too darn heavy to carry unless you are trying to work on your physique. :rolleyes:

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Winchester Model 64 Deluxe in 32 Win Spc.
Another Dan Wesson 7445V in 445 Super Mag. Been kicking myself in the butt ever since I a family friend talk me into selling it to him.

I could definitely add that to the list, any Win. Model 64 for that case.