7.62x39?

m704

Six Pointer
If u were going to buy 7.62x39 to shoot any type ammo what platform ar ak mini 30 ?

Pimpscoe

Eight Pointer
If u were going to buy 7.62x39 to shoot any type ammo what platform ar ak mini 30 ?

Ruger Mini 30

Better quality
Shoot any ammo (I shoot Tula and silver bear, no issues)
More accessories/mods available
More accurate (based on my own personal experience)
Made in the USA

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Mini 30 will kill your :donk:donk:donk with steel ammo...do some research. Had one for a week and damn near shot myself getting it unjammed.

My pick...SKS

Boojum

Ten Pointer
AR-15. Built one year before last. Eats everything perfectly including cheap steel-cased communition, never had a glitch after about 1K rounds down the tube, and killed several deer with it so far. I got the upper from PSA.

SKS is a good little rifle, too, if you get one of the good ones. Ditto with AKs. Both are all over the place quality-wise depending on when and where they were made. Neither are nearly as accurate as the AR, but a good one of either is damn near indestructible. I like the mini-30, but as HotSoup said, they often don't work so great with the steel-case ammo, which makes it pretty useless in the caliber. May not be all of them, but I have had two friends who bought them, and both performed flawlessly with American brass ammo; but were unreliable as crap with Russian steel-cased stuff. Jams and failures to fire with the hard commie primers.

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have the older Ruger Mini-30. It will shoot the steel cased ruskie junk, but it sometimes shoots them in rapid succession.....it is very dangerous.
A good SKS is hard to beat for reliability.

Muzzleodor

Eight Pointer
AK all day long, if you want a mini get a mini 14. It will actually function with the ammo it is chambered for.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I think everyone should have an ak and s 7.62 spam can in the closet for rainy days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Yep the SKS is one of the best.
no need for any extra. No need for mags and other do dad's.
They just work. Was one of my first semi autos..
Got a Chinese Sks for 69$ new in box and 1440 Chinese steel case ammo for 39$

Last edited: