12/26

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Fixing sandwich and thermos of coffee. Only a few more days to finish filling the freezer. I have a new Foodsaver I need to try out.

Sunrise 7.18, currently 42 degrees heading to 64 today.

Zombie1978

Drinking a cup of coffee. Fixing to head to a stand overlooking a fresh cut corn field.

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

grey.ghost

Six Pointer
Sitting in the stand, enjoying the peace and quiet. Got a new deer stand devotional, but couldn't figure out where I put it last night, so I guess it'll have to wait till this afternoon. At least I have coffee.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
30+ feet up a poplar tree . Waiting for a late Christmas present that hasn't been delivered by ol St.Nick.
Good luck to those who made it out today.

Hawkeye

Ten Pointer
In stand in Va. this morning...
40 degrees and very light breeze...
Good luck all...

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

SnaveHD

Tree stand in JoCo, praying for one more to get me through to next season, freezer is a little empty this year

Sp8

Ten Pointer
In my stand in Stanly. Mother in-law is on other side of property hopefully we can put some meat in the freezer.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
My father and I are settled in statesville. We are looking for a nanny or 2 for some more jerky. Goodluck and safe hunting everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grey.ghost

Six Pointer
My friends all say they'd rather hunt in the evening. To me there's no more satisfying time to hunt than that moment just before sunrise when the forest comes alive with the sounds of nature all at once. I am truly blessed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

GotNoRules

Ten Pointer
50 here in Randolph sitting on the ground behind a natural blind. Got a fresh scrape here. Maybe big boy will walk on by

JeremyH

Spike
Up in the stand in northern Pitt. 2 walked by 15 min before shooting time.

good luck all

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
I'm with you on that Grey.ghost. I prefer the morning. Every big deer I've shot has been in the morning. It's so wild to me to watch the world wake up.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
483932aab7fe48cc1d2380d72a3cebc5.jpg

How dare he eat the deers corn!?

genbud78

Ten Pointer
Up in Anson, nothing yet but trail pics are promising. Will wait and see what happens

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

cuballis

Button Buck
Just came in, didn't see a thing as usual this season. Put out 100# of corn in the last week and it is all but gone. Seeing tons of tracks around corn piles, but I haven't laid eyes on a single deer this season. I've hunted multiple stands, morning and night over the past two weeks.......can't wait for Jan 3 so my optimism can be put to and end until next fall.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Dozen or so squirrels so far. Going to sit till 10. Go check some trail cameras and get ready for the evening hunt.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
Deer are just now moving, got pics all weekend from 9 to 1pm, if it is not a knot head it is going to die this week.got a few decent bucks walking before dark also. they must be hungry.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Deer are just now moving, got pics all weekend from 9 to 1pm, if it is not a knot head it is going to die this week.got a few decent bucks walking before dark also. they must be hungry.

Yep, I got a bunch of mid day pics over the past 10 days. Even got a couple of nice bucks moving around after the sun came up.

flathead977

Ten Pointer
Nice 6 point mercy kill. Dogs had it bayed in the river. Somebody had shot it in the rear end. Nobody in our club did it. Will post pics later. 17.5 inch inside. Oh yeah the river was cold too lol. Had to get in above my knees and over my boots.

Last edited:

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Congrats flathead! At least someone scored today. We are headed back out for the evening hunt

flathead977

Ten Pointer
Buck pic from earlier. The guys got a 19 inch 12 pt after I left and got in some dry clothes. Halifax county Va buck

Attachments

• 6pt.jpg
    6pt.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

afred

Four Pointer
In for the evening, shot at a big doe last night but couldn't find a drop of blood. Dang shame, my freezer needs some meat.

GotNoRules

Ten Pointer
Nothing this morning. Wasn't sure about making it out this evening cause I was taking down Christmas decorations (leaving town). But made it out for a quick hunt hoping to see some late horns!