12/26

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Thats a nice 6ptr flathead.

I have my 35 with me today so hopefully i can test it out on a big ole doe.

Redneck Rocker Dude

Old Mossy Horns
Couldn't find any rifle bullets in my truck. Thankfully my cousin lives a mile up the road from where I'm hunting and let me borrow his shotgun for the afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robertc

Eight Pointer
One of my staff is getting ready to move into another house. He was there after lunch and saw a big buck chasing 4 does in the field out in front.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
One of my staff is getting ready to move into another house. He was there after lunch and saw a big buck chasing 4 does in the field out in front.

Way to give us poor saps some hope!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robertc

Eight Pointer
Yep, less than two miles from my property. I guess you never know.

flathead977

Ten Pointer
Thats a nice 6ptr flathead.

I have my 35 with me today so hopefully i can test it out on a big ole doe.

Thanks, I honestly probably wouldn't have shot it if it hadn't been injured and had hounds in his face. I made a personal goal that the next buck I shot would be one for the wall, but this buck wasn't gonna make it out of the river in the shape he was in. Here is a pic of the one a club member got after I left.SSBuck.jpg

grizzzle

Button Buck
Man, I don't understand dog hunters! I'd like to understand. I can see being proud to train some good dogs, but that's it. You're not even hunting, damn dogs are! I woke up at 4 am, took a shower, drove 1&1/2 hrs to gamelands. Navigated a half mile in dark to a tree. Not a deer in sight! Bc the damn hounds have pushed them away this past week. Then at 11 y'all come busting in. A dozen of you with orange vests and caps, and release the damn dogs. worst part is there was so many of you, it was like a wall Btwn me and the two deer y'all probably killed. Running dogs on public land sucks if you're trying to still hunt. Never make that mistake again. I think if I could have been there on opening day it would have been alright.
How many harvest are from dog hunts?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Buffet Trout

Twelve Pointer
I love still hunting.

That said, dog hunting is about the chase and outsmarting these bucks who are one the run. Much more adrenaline in dog hunting...and don't be fooled, it is lots of work, just a different approach.

Personally, I feel that hunting over a feeder or corn pile is lazy and lacks sport.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Yep, been on both sides of the fence, still am.

Who turn the dogs loose, wofff wofff... :) sling em boys.

Saw 2 does late this afternoon.