Urban Archery plans?

smilliganqb

Eight Pointer
I know it's a few weeks early, but I doubt I'll be able to get back out in the remaining rifle season left. Freezer is not as full as i'd like and got some tags left, time to pick up the bow and start shooting a little more.

This will be my first year participating in the urban archery season, does anyone have any stories or tips for some success as it gets later and later in season?

careyhamil

Eight Pointer
Good luck to you, ive been back a few days and havent made out into the woods yet.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I wish i had a place i could go but the places i have access to dont have urban archery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Throw out corn if you don't mind hunting over it. Late season scouting can pay off dividends for now and next season. In my experience they tend to move at first and last light best.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I know it's a few weeks early, but I doubt I'll be able to get back out in the remaining rifle season left. Freezer is not as full as i'd like and got some tags left, time to pick up the bow and start shooting a little more.

This will be my first year participating in the urban archery season, does anyone have any stories or tips for some success as it gets later and later in season?

if your urban areas are not close to ag fields, you should bait if venison is your goal. be careful though and stay in a tree. you may get trampled on a corn pile later. :)

Good Luck if you go.

and for any folks near pittsboro that can put up with their permit requirements and have some access, that would be a slam dunk. they are everywhere.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
I'd give anything to get permission to hunt urban archery in pittsboro..

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
It's a royal pain just to be able to climb a tree in pittsboro last time I checked.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mann919

Button Buck
I live in pittsboro and have never hunted urban archery because it's such a pain but if big boy keeps showing up in my back yard I may have to give it a try this year.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
From experience all you have to do is go to the police station and shoot 3 arrows in a target at 20 yds. Show proof of permission to hunt and they make a copy of your driver's licence.
I've never seen a deer close to Pittsboro so I know what y'all mean by its to big of a pain to get your urban archery permit.

Last edited:

Sp8

Ten Pointer
I hunt urban archery in Albemarle. Its a ton of fun like everyone says just put out some corn and get ready, the deer are usually searching hard for food this time of year.

pir8rn

Six Pointer
Urban Archery information starts on Page 56 of the Regs manual. Would post the PDF but I'm on my phone.
Basically, cites/towns choose whether or not to allow it and all the same laws apply in terms of permission, etc. Haven't looked at this year's list of places, but in the past, they've basically all been West of Raleigh. Maybe because our Eastern season is already longer...

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
If any wants a hunting partner, I've got a truck/bow and am willing to drive!