Pics

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
No big deer but i did get a mess of does on one of my cameras. If I turkey hunted I would be excited....lol.

67f259980fce6c3ab06b9976f1332a5b.jpg

1696a9ea6674eca46831e6ab4cbafc77.jpg

445de41d69b9f08ca95570af1a4cd4c0.jpg

mdunker

Ten Pointer
The bears are waiting on more corn. Great pics. I will volunteer to help you with your turkey problem.

Last edited:

mattharris0414

Oh man, shoot one if those bear and invite me to sboot the other. Lol. Jk. Shot my first one a couple weeks ago and the meat is awesome! Better than any deer! Just made some black bear bacon today! Better than fat ever thought about being!

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Great pics!!

Those ain't all doe turkeys either ;).

I would LOVE to have those pics, except no deer :(.

What is keeping you from turkey hunting?

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
I'd love to help you out with those nuisance animals! I've got a truck and a 4 wheeler and am willing to travel lol great pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Ive been a few times in the past and it just didnt do anything for me. Everybody else i know loves it......maybe its something wrong with me [emoji4]

We might have room for you as a member of our club then ;). We LOVE them non turkey hunters :D

Just remember.....As you well know, 12 years ago when I joined, I had ZERO interest in turkey hunting either :eek:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Ive been a few times in the past and it just didnt do anything for me. Everybody else i know loves it......maybe its something wrong with me [emoji4]

well you said it... :)

I love to hunt them and have heard several newcomers express your sentiment. when i inquire they allow as to how it's no big deal and not a challenge. then you will hear how they have been hunting them.

without pissing anyone off turkey hunting can be dumbed down and made easy if you want.

But with that amount of gobblers around, give them a try with nothing but you and your wits/calls/weapons to help you.

then if it is not any fun at least you will have given the sport a shot in it's most rewarding form.

if you dont like it then, then i would agree with your self assessment.... LOL

Good Luck if you go MJ74, that is as good of a gobbler bunch as i have ever seen in NC.

givem a shot this spring.

Last edited:

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I dont care to eat them and dont plan on mounting one of em either so i dont really care to go hunting for them.

Like i said, just about everyone i know loves to go and i've been maybe 6-7 times in the past and although i did like to see them strutting and gobbling it didnt give me a rush like it does others.
There are a ton of turkeys on this farm and always has been. Probably not as many now as in the past since they cut some of the woods but i have seen very large groups of turkeys on several occasions.

Last edited:

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
MJ74, I'm kind of right there with you. I've been turkey hunting and not saying it isn't fun or even a little exciting and I love to hunt most anything, but I just can't get into it. Must be I know the rockfish are running. Well, that's my excuse to my buddies anyhow. LOL