What is your favorite concealed carry piece?

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Currently I'm carrying a Glock 23 in an IWB holster. I love the size and capability of the 23 but I have been through probably half a dozen IWB holsters in the past year or so trying to find one that is more comfortable than the last. They each have their pros and cons. Some of the holsters make the gun sit a little higher than I prefer but at the same time that holster is more comfortable to me than some of the ones that allow the gun to sit lower down in my waist band so its a trade off. I find it easier to carry concealed this time of year. I usually have on a coat or hoodie and keeping a gun hidden isnt any trouble at all. I work for myself, so thankfully no issue with work not wanting me to carry but I would rather not advertise. I will admit that while I have had a concealed permit for many years I did not start carrying on a regular basis until about a year ago. I was always the type that sure, I had one in the truck,beside my bed and in the desk at work but never "on" me on a regular basis. I guess I am getting more paranoid, more aware to whats going on in the world or just wiser. What are some of your favorite concealed pieces?

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Sig Sauer P226,,,,,double stacked magazine in 9mm,,,,,

go big or stay home,,,,,,,

helps that I am bigger than average so can get away with it,,,,,

some days it's a PMR-30 (of all things),,,,,light as all get out and 30 dang rounds,,,,,,yeah, I know, it's "only a 22 mag",,,,,,but it barks like a bigger dog and I guarantee them 30 rds make up for lack of "size",,,,,,,,:cool:

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
AR 15 pistol 300 blackout with surefire 60 round mag.

but when I cant carry that a Smith J frame or Ruger LCP does fine.
In fact got the LCP in my back pocket, J frame pro in my jacket pocket and a 22 mag J frame in the hunting bag now.

klim

Twelve Pointer
Glock 26 Gen4 with a Glock 19 magazine with x-grip with a alien gear iwb holster. I'm eventually want to get me Glock 23 and a 19.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Sig Sauer P226,,,,,double stacked magazine in 9mm,,,,,

go big or stay home,,,,,,,

helps that I am bigger than average so can get away with it,,,,,

some days it's a PMR-30 (of all things),,,,,light as all get out and 30 dang rounds,,,,,,yeah, I know, it's "only a 22 mag",,,,,,but it barks like a bigger dog and I guarantee them 30 rds make up for lack of "size",,,,,,,,:cool:

As you know, a 22 caliber cartridge can be a deadly. A few years ago a man shot another, who broke in the house will occupied, with a 22 rilfe. That was the last time he did a B&E. Is the gun reliable so far? Didn't realize Kel Tech made this gun, especially with so many rounds. I've got a P3AT I use as a pocket gun.

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
LCP in my back pocket in a Sticky holster. Forget it's there sometimes. I hate carrying my Glock 19. I'm a smaller guy @ 5'7" and will switch to a G43 or Kahr 9

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Can't pick a single favorite. A Kahr .380, 9mm and .45 get carried the most. I carry a .357 wheel gun most days that I hunt or I am afield. Usually it is a S&W 386Sc Mountain Lite. Location, and plans for the day dictate what gets carried.

<>< Fish

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
,,,,. Is the gun reliable so far? Didn't realize Kel Tech made this gun, especially with so many rounds. I've got a P3AT I use as a pocket gun.

so far for me it has been,,,,,extremely,,,,,couple of hundred rounds,,,,,,,,

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
glock 27, sig p238, ruger 1911 cmdr or s&w 10-7 w crimson trace, s&w 66-1, colt pocket 1908...depends on clothing and where i'm going

OBJoyful

Spike
attachment.php

Seecamp 32

CBD21

Eight Pointer
Carry a few different ones, but almost always have a s&w bodygaurd .380 in a pocket holster with me.

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
Glock 30s with an Alien Gear IWB is what I carry now. I'm looking to get a pocket carry gun soon. Maybe a Ruger LCR or glock 43.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I actually prefer, and recommend wheel guns for most folks (unless they practice a lot) way less chance of something "going wrong"

Last edited:

2boyz

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Carry LCP

PMR 30 muzzle flash coupled with low/no recoil will get your attention. Addictive.

Boojum

Ten Pointer
Currently I'm carrying a Glock 23 in an IWB holster. I love the size and capability of the 23 but I have been through probably half a dozen IWB holsters in the past year or so trying to find one that is more comfortable than the last. They each have their pros and cons. Some of the holsters make the gun sit a little higher than I prefer but at the same time that holster is more comfortable to me than some of the ones that allow the gun to sit lower down in my waist band so its a trade off. I find it easier to carry concealed this time of year. I usually have on a coat or hoodie and keeping a gun hidden isnt any trouble at all. I work for myself, so thankfully no issue with work not wanting me to carry but I would rather not advertise. I will admit that while I have had a concealed permit for many years I did not start carrying on a regular basis until about a year ago. I was always the type that sure, I had one in the truck,beside my bed and in the desk at work but never "on" me on a regular basis. I guess I am getting more paranoid, more aware to whats going on in the world or just wiser. What are some of your favorite concealed pieces?

I carry a Glock 23 every day. After trying several different IWB holsters that were expensive and uncomfortable, I settled on an Uncle Mike's neoprene IWB holster that costs $12. It is so comfortable, I never even notice the pistol being there. It also unholsters and holsters easily, is sweatproof, you can take it on and off without taking your belt out of the loops, conceals even that Glock 23 well in shorts and a tshirt, and works MUCH better for me than any of the expensive leather/kydex ones. I have been using one every single day for over three years now, and it still is in good working shape. If/when it ever wears out, another one will cost me <$20. More expensive and more glamorous isn't always better in real life, IMO.

I occasionally carry an LC9, and I have the same model hoslter for it. I've toted it walking on the beach with swimming trunks with no belt and a tshirt.

Last edited:

mekanizm

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Primarly Ruger LCP in the back pocket with a leather sleeve type holster to keep it from rotating (my basic requirement for cc is that it has to fit in my back pocket). Colt 1911 full size when I am wearing a coat or shirt untucked which is a LOT, Mexican style 8:00. I have a PF-9 and a Rock Island .45 floating around too as truck guns. I am partial to the S&W Model 19/66's too but never found a way to carry them that I liked except open carry which is limited.

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
Glock 27 , or a Bersa .380. Depending on the time of year & how I'm dressed. The wife carries a S&W small frame hammer less .38

smith-n-stokes

Old Mossy Horns
I carried a S&W bodyguard before I lost it in a lake[emoji15]. It was easy for me to conceal even with my thin frame. I need to beef up so I can carry/conceal a big gun. [emoji41]

Sent from wherever I was at the time...